Subject: [pim] Doubt in PIM-DM Draft

From: "O.L.N.Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:41:02 +0530

Hi All,

     In PIM-DM Draft draft-ietf-pim-dm-new-v2-05.ps Dated: November 9, 2001

    IN PAGE 27, Figure-4

        There is a transition from L - > NI, when Could Assert ==TRUE
            *   I think it should be CouldAssert==FALSE ?

        AM I RIGHT HERE

    IN PAGE 28, in TABLE

            Both on CouldAssert==TRUE and CouldAssert==FALSE, Assert Loser is
transitioning into No Info
            and Cancelling the AT.

            I think this MUST be typographical error.

Regards, O.L.N.Rao

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: "Nicholas, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:46:26 -0500

CouldAssert(S,G,I)==FALSE indicates that I is the upstream interface for
(S,G).

Please note that the transitions refer to a change in value of
CouldAssert(S,G,I).  If CouldAssert becomes TRUE, what used to be an
upstream interface no longer is.  Since the new Assert situation on the
interface is unknown, the state machine transitions to the NoInfo state to
permit forwarding on a new downstream interface.  I believe this is correct
operation.  

The table is incorrect, though an argument could be made that such a
transition is desirable.

As an aside, the draft is really draft-ietf-pim-dm-new-v2-00.ps, and should
have been dated November 21, 2001 as was the text version.  Both are typos
that will be fixed before the March meeting.  

Thanks for the comments.  Its nice to know someone is reading the draft.

Jonathan Nicholas
Network Systems Engineer
ITT Aerospace/Communications Division

>             I think this MUST be typographical error.

************************************ 
If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT. 
************************************