Subject: [pim] IP multicast on different types of interfaces

From: "P.Jhingran" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 07:29:44 -0000

hi all,
        While surfing the internet.. I came across the following 
link:
http://www.nwfusion.com/newsletters/frame/2000/0724fr2.html
This talks about multicast over frame relay...I would like to know 
the kind of modifications, if really required, in order to enable 
PIM over differnt interface types, viz..

1. vlan
2. atmpp
3. frpp
4. ppp
5. vlantagpp
6. mplspp
7. tun44 - IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel
8. tun46 - IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel
pls also let me know about the links,if any, which talks about the 
same.

ragards,
Prashant Jhingran
_________________________________________________________
Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or 
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:37:26 -0400

On 11 Jun 2002 07:29:44 -0000
> hi all,

Hello;

  It seems at first glance that this has little to do with PIM.
These are Layer 2 multicasts, of which the best example is probably
Ethernet. BTW, I do not think that the Frame Relay multicasts mentioned in this
article are widely deployed.

   In general, I don't think that any PIM modifications are required for the
Layer 2 protocol in use, except for the well known ones associated with
NBMA media, such as most Frame Relay (see, e.g.,
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/mcst_sol/frm_rlay.htm
).

Regards
Marshall Eubanks