Subject: [pim] SET operation on pimComponentCRPHoldTime

From: Roger Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:21:05 -0700

Hi,

  In the latest PIM MIB draft, pimComponentCRPHoldTime is allowed the
access rights of READ-CREATE, which means that a SNMP manager station
can issue a SET operation to this MIB with a non-zero parameter value
to turn the target router into a C-RP (candidate RP).

  However, to actually turn a router into a candidate-RP, one must
specify the interface name or number from which the router would
send out the C-RP advertisement.

  It seems that this MIB is not adquaetely defined, unless it assumes
that
every PIM-enabled router has a favorite internal default interface to
act as C-RP when the router receives a SET(CREATE) on this MIB.

  Anybody willing to offer clarifications?

Best regards,
Roger Lin
IP Infusion Inc.

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim