Subject: [pim] Query on per-interface(S,G) assert state-machine

From: "Bandi, Sarveshwar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:30:06 -0500

Hi All,
     In the per-interface(S,G) assert state-machine (Figure 10), In the set
of actions A6, if I is the RPF_Interface(S) then we set the SPTBit(S,G). I
guess, this is because someone on the upstream is forwarding data on the
SPT. Now If this assert winner' state changes and stops forwarding data on
the SPT, is it not possible that he would become the assert loser?
  And a result end up sending an inferior assert which might lead to us
deleting the assert information. Isnt it incorrect to leave the SPT bit set?
Why isnt there a mention of reseting this SPT bit? Is this implicitly done
else where in the draft???

Could someone please clarify....

thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sarvesh

Sarveshwar Bandi

Senior Member, Technical Staff
Netplane Network Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.netplane.com
Ph: +91-40-355 3709/10/11/12 Extn: 1126
Fax: +91-40-355 3713

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim