Subject: [pim] PIM snooping resources

From: "dsa main" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:44:58 +0000

Hi All,

I am looking for some pointers on PIM snooping...

Is there any documents on PIM snooping implementation ?

Regards
DSA

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Gerd Besch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 00:21:56 +0100

Hi DSA,

I worte my thesis about the following subject 'Analysis and engineering 
of the infrastructure required to support multicast traffic at an 
Internet Exchange point' 
<http://besch.gmxhome.de/eng/thesis-gerd-besch-preface.html>

Abstract:
"This thesis discusses using 'PIM-snooping' as a solution for handling
multicast traffic at a Multicast Internet Exchange Point (MIX) on a shared
Gigabit-Ethernet switch fabric. Existing MIXs essentially treat multicast
traffic as broadcast traffic. Switch ports are flooded due to the lack of
information on how to efficiently replicate multicast traffic only onto 
ports
where receivers for specific multicast groups exist.
Protocol Independent Multicast Join/Prune messages can be exploited to
provide necessary multicast containment."

If you're interested to receive a copy (PDF) of my thesis just drop me a 
line.

cheers,
Gerd

ps: real-name postings would be really coooooool! ;))))))

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:16:34 -0800

> If you're interested to receive a copy (PDF) of my thesis just drop me a 

What about just putting a copy of your thesis on the web.
Thus you will get more people to download it and read it :)

Regards,
Pavlin