Subject: [pim] suz-pim-upstream-detection-00 comments

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:51:49 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

A quick re-read of the doc brought up a few issues, mostly editorial in 
nature.  This doc looks quite good.  Comments below.

non-editorial:
--------------
   Address-List:  The list of the IP addresses of the router on the link
      where this Hello message is advertised.  Each IP address is
      encoded in Encoded-Unicast format [1].

==> does the list really include *all* addresses, also link-locals (multiple
if configured)?  It would seem to me that if the router has only one
link-local address, there is no need to advertise that (as it will be
learned from PIM adjacency). Did I miss something?

editorial:
----------

            PIM upstream detection among multiple addresses
                draft-suz-pim-upstream-detection-00.txt
==> upper case words

   This memo describes a PIM routing problem owing to the reverse path
==> s/PIM/Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)/

   Suppose a router-A has address-A1 and address-A2 on a link and it
   establishes a PIM neighboring with a router-B using address-A1.

==> s/neighboring/adjacency/ (or what's the correct word, I'm not sure)

2. Possible solutions
==> sections also have to be uppercased, s/sol/Sol/

   There is operational workaround for this problem.
==> s/is/is an/ (or were there multiple workarounds..)

   The problem occurring when a RP shares a subnet prefix with

==> s/a RP/an RP/

   Length :  The Length of the Address-List field in byte.
==> s/byte/bytes/

   address.  If the link-layer addresses coincides, the corresponding
==> s/coincides/coincide/

   When using the new PIM hello option described in Section Section 2.2,
==> s/Section //

   [3]  Marques, P. and F. Dupont, "Use of BGP-4 Multiprotocol
==> the last names in the refs are in wrong order, s/F. Dupont/Dupont, F./
(same for the rest)

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim