Subject: [pim] Multiple address RPF solution

From: Cormier Chris-ACC125 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:03:29 -0600

We have faced similar issues with RPF toward RP when using a non-neighbor IP
address for sending BSR messages. This hello option solution appeals to me
here as well as the original problem statement. I would rather not push this
off to v6 only solution as there may be benefits in a v4 world.
-chris

>On the second issue about multiple addresses, I spoke with some one
>working on OSPF (let me not mention the name here) afterwards. I do
>think there is significant benefit in using a PIM option to convey all
>addresses. Relying on a collection of other mechaisms (like neihgbor
>discovery etc) does not appeal to me to be good design choices. I
>think Mark and company made a good choice on using a new PIM option.
>
>-Liming
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim