Subject: [pim] pim-sm

From: Lo Galbo Emanuele <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:24:52 +0200

Hi all I have 2 questions:
1) Is RFC 2362 about PIm-Sm valid both for IPv6 And IPv4
2)After a RP send a Register-Stop to sender's DR packets are sent natively by the sender.How  does PIM-SM build the tree from the sender to the RP? Is it built in the same way as the tree between the RP and the receiver, i.d. using jion mesagges?
Thank you and best regards

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to [email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:39:37 -0700

>1) Is RFC 2362 about PIm-Sm valid both for IPv6 And IPv4

RFC 2362 is obsolete.  draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-07 is much preferred.

 - Mark

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:37:04 -0700

>> RFC 2362 is obsolete.  draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-07 is much preferred.

    Be careful in what you state Mark. The spec may been obsoleted but there
    are implementationsn that still conform to 2362. And there may be
    implementations that conform to both.

Dino