Subject: [pim] One question

From: Ning Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:42:11 +0100

Hello:
  I have one basic question on the PIM-SM join procedure.
According to the draft, this can be done by either directly using
the unicast routing table (which means the join packet is sent on
the same path towards RP/source), or an independent MRIB. I wonder
how this MRIB is created. Do we need another set of link metrics
for multicast join requests (if the unicast and multicast topology
are incongruent)? If there is only one set of metrics for both uni and
multicast, how MRIB is computed? Does the router need to compute
a reversed shortest path tree for RPF checking (assuming that link
metrics are asymmetric)?
  Thanks
Ning

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim