Subject: [pim] Slight contradiction about forwarding BSM in the BSR draft

From: Rishabh Parekh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 01:30:37 -0700

There seems to be a slight contradiction about forwarding BSMs in the 
draft-ietf-pim-sm-bsr-03.txt

The "Forward BSM" action of Section 3 on page 17 states the following,
A bootstrap message that passes the Bootstrap Message
Processing Checks is forwarded out of all interfaces with PIM
neighbors (including the interface it is received on), except
where this would cause the BSM to cross an admin-scope
boundary for the scope zone indicated in the message.

On the other hand, in Section 3.3 on page 20, there is the following statement
When a BS message is forwarded, it is forwarded out of every multicast-
capable interface which has PIM neighbors (excluding the one over which
the message was received).

As discussed in the last IETF meeting, the first description of forwarding BSM 
is correct and the mistake in Section 3.3 seems to be an oversight of the 
authors.

I hope that it is corrected in the next version of the draft,
Rishabh Parekh.
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim