Subject: [pim] PIM-SM and Quality of service QoS

From: James Courtier-Dutton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:50:57 +0100

Are there any working groups dealing with PIM-SM and QoS ?

I would hope that one could somehow combine PIM-SM and RSVP so that
multicast traffic is only delivered if the link can handle the QoS
requirements.
I suppose this might require the addition of extra data into IGMPv3
and MLP to pass the QoS requirement from the host in the IGMPv3
report.

Alternatively, the QoS requirement might need to be set by the source
of the Multicast. This would require some protocol for the Multicast
source to inform the PIM-SM network of the QoS requirements.

Any thoughts?

James

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

WWUD

Can unicast do this?  If not, then why should multicast?  If so, is it 
ever used?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

-) Are there any working groups dealing with PIM-SM and QoS ?
-) 
-) I would hope that one could somehow combine PIM-SM and RSVP so that
-) multicast traffic is only delivered if the link can handle the QoS
-) requirements.
-) I suppose this might require the addition of extra data into IGMPv3
-) and MLP to pass the QoS requirement from the host in the IGMPv3
-) report.
-) 
-) Alternatively, the QoS requirement might need to be set by the source
-) of the Multicast. This would require some protocol for the Multicast
-) source to inform the PIM-SM network of the QoS requirements.
-) 
-) Any thoughts?
-) 
-) James
-) 
-) _______________________________________________
-) pim mailing list
-) [email-masked]
-) https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim
-)

---

From: mork vom ork <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:26:42 +0200

> Can unicast do this?  If not, then why should multicast?  If so, is it

hello
the paper introduces some issues about QoS support in mobile IPv6 such 
as fast handover, smooth handover and mobility managements.

http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/inet/01/CD_proceedings/T28/T28.htm

regards

m.