Subject: RE: [pim] ID update for "Anycast-RP using PIM"

From: "Amit Shukla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 18:53:46 -0700

>> Any closure on this one ?

 See the spec.

Dino,

There has not been a new spec released since we discussed this.
If you now believe my questions are covered in the most recent
spec, please let me know which section you are referring to.

Please let me know if you want me to restate the issue.

Thanks
Amit

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 22:21:21 -0700

>> spec, please let me know which section you are referring to.

    draft-ietf-pim-anycast-rp-03.txt is the latest spec and I believe your concern
    is stated here, in section 4.0, titled "Observations and Guidelines about this 
    Proposal":

   o Logic is changed only in the RPs. The logic change is for
     sending copies of Register messages. Register-Stop processing is
     unchanged. However, an implementation MAY suppress sending
     Register-Stop messages in response to a Register received from
     an RP. If this is done, the Register-Stop caching option must be
     disabled.

>> Please let me know if you want me to restate the issue.

    I don't think you need to.

Dino