Subject: [pim] PIM-SM spec errata list

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 20:02:40 -0700

I have an errata list of various (mostly minor) issues found by
myself or noted by other folks on the list (and probably other
implementors have similar lists too).
Though, even if there is a public errata list, I don't know how much
use is once the spec becomes a Proposed Standard.

Any suggestions whether there is any mileage in a public errata
list?

One solution that comes to mind is a Web server with a bugzilla
installation (http://www.bugzilla.org/) that makes it trivial to add
new entries by anyone, discuss/comment on each entry, get automated
email notifications if something changes, check/modify the status of
the entries, etc.

Now that I think of it, I wish that the IETF Web site has such
Bugzilla installation so it can be used to facilitate the
development of other protocols as well.
The main advantage of such system compared to a mailing list is that
unsolved issues cannot be forgotten or buried in email archives.
I am not the first one to suggest using Bugzilla for such purpose
(e.g., see
https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/shibboleth-dev/2002-01/msg00048.html ),
but I am not aware of anything on the IETF scale that is widely
available to all working groups.

Pavlin

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim