Subject: [pim] differences between PIM-SM RFC2362 & new PIM-SM ?

From: "Gary -subsml-" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:27:41 +0100

Hi,

My name is Gary Joseph, and I do training on Internet related technologies.
I am looking for the differences between the PIM-SM as described in RFC 2362
which will be replaced by
"ProtocolIndependentMulticast-SparseModePIM-SM-ProtocolSpecification-Revised
^draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-11.txt" which is now being proposed as the new
draft Standard. I have read that there are quite a few differences and that
the new draft Standard is recommended. I have read some of the new draft
Standard, and noticed issues with the RFC 2362 BSR implementation, but I
believe there was a document detailing changes, I imagine much like in the
OSPF RFC 2328 Appendix G does OSPF previous RFC. Please can you point me in
the right direction to obtain a copy of the differences document.

Pavlin has already provided me with some info, but I would really like to
know if someone has written or is planning to write a document on the
differences?

Thanks,

Gary
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim