Subject: [pim] Last Call: draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2 (Protocol Independent Multicast MIB) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:20:29 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast 
WG (pim) to consider the following document:

- 'Protocol Independent Multicast MIB '
   <draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This Last Call is being repeated in order to call out the normative
reference to the PIM Dense Mode Spec (RFC 3973, an experimental
RFC).  The MIB was designed such that the PIM-DM objects are only
necessary on a system that implements PIM-DM; there is a seperate
MODULE-COMPLIANCE for PIM-DM (pimMIBComplianceDm) which is
only required for devices supporting PIM-DM.  Since the MIB is
sufficiently modular, the IESG would like to use the RFC 3967
mechanism to permit this normative reference.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-02-08. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8944&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:38:40 -0800

Sorry for having to repeat the Last Call.  It's just a
procedural glitch; I forgot to follow the rules for a
standards-track document that has normative references
to an experimental document like PIM-DM.  It will be back
on the telechat on February 8th and we expect it to be
approved then.

  Bill