Subject: [pim] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-bidir-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Bi-directional Protocol Independent Multicast (BIDIR-PIM)
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pim-bidir-09.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2007-2-23
	
This document discusses Bi-directional PIM, a variant of PIM
     Sparse-Mode that builds bi-directional shared trees connecting
     multicast sources and receivers. Bi-directional trees are built
     using a fail-safe Designated Forwarder (DF) election mechanism
     operating on each link of a multicast topology.  With the
     assistance of the DF, multicast data is natively forwarded from
     sources to the Rendezvous-Point and hence along the shared tree
     to receivers without requiring source-specific state.  The DF
     election takes place at RP discovery time and provides the route
     to the RP thus eliminating the requirement for data-driven
     protocol events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-pim-bidir-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim