Subject: [pim] about pim-sm in linux

From: 3abd ALLAH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:06:57 +0000

hello;
i'm trying to install the pimd daemon in my fedora core 5. i have downloaded this package:pimd_2.1.0-alpha29.17.orig.tar.gz and the patch pimd_2.1.0-alpha29.17-6.diff.gz.i have recompiled the kernel in order to support multicast routing.
now i don't know how to run the pimd and how to configure the routers.
can u help me please? 
_________________________________________________________________
Appelez vos amis de PC à PC -- C'EST GRATUIT
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: JW Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:24:49 -0400

pimd is very old technology, which we were successful in running in 
RedHat Linux, but the kernel has developed considerably since then.

A more modern technology is the Xorp product, which is also free.  Look 
at www.xorp.org .

Xorp contains code for multicast (PIM-SM) routing, as well as other 
(unicast) routing protocols.  I believe that it works in a variety of 
environments.

  Bill Atwood

3abd ALLAH wrote:
> hello;
> i'm trying to install the pimd daemon in my fedora core 5. i have 
> downloaded this package:pimd_2.1.0-alpha29.17.orig.tar.gz and the 
> patch pimd_2.1.0-alpha29.17-6.diff.gz.i have recompiled the kernel in 
> order to support multicast routing.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Appelez vos amis de PC à PC -- C'EST GRATUIT Téléchargez Messenger, 
> c'est gratuit ! <http://get.live.com/messenger/overview>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-- 

Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Professor Emeritus                fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email: [email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http: //users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8