Subject: [pim] join-attributes draft to Proposed Standard?

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 13:47:48 +0200

There is some confusion regarding the intended status of the
join-attributes draft.

When we did a wglc a long time ago, we did not state what the
intended status was, and the draft did not state anything either.
In the latest revision (03) which was released after the wglc, it
for some reason says "Intended status: Informational".

When we recently did an IETF last call it said:

|The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
|WG (pim) to consider the following document:
|
|- 'Format for using TLVs in PIM messages '
|   <draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

Since the intended status was not noted in the wglc and it was said to
be PS in the IETF last call, I think it may be okay to go for PS, but it
is unfortunate that we did not make this clear in the wglc.

Does anyone in the wg believe that this document should not go for
Proposed Standard? If you have a problem with this, please speak up
by May 16th.

Personally I believe it should go to PS because we may want to make use
of this to add information to PIM joins in protocols that we want to be
on the standards track.

Stig
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim