Subject: [pim] draft-farinacci-pim-port-01 as wg draft

From: "Mike McBride (mmcbride)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 06:59:44 -0700

Dino presented the pim-port draft to the wg in Philadelphia. He asked if
the wg would adopt the draft. We had 14 in favor, none against. The
draft has been updated and the most recent can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-pim-port-01.txt 

Please review the draft and respond to the list with opinions on wg
adoption of this draft. Please respond by Sunday June 1st.

thanks,
mike
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: "James Courtier-Dutton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 00:08:49 +0100

Reading the draft, I would say that it has some work still to do. For
example, some race conditions still exist regarding the tcp sessions
establishment that have not been considered in the text.

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:39:56 -0700

> establishment that have not been considered in the text.

Rather than saying we need work, can you give detailed comments on  
what you think is missing? We believed we covered what we need to at  
this stage of the document and realize that implementation will  
uncover more issues, but if we can get a list from you, it will be  
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dino

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:03:33 -0400

Mike,
      I have reviewed the draft and think it is a good starting point. 
I feel it should be adopted as a WG document.

Regards,
Brian