Subject: [pim] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Authentication and Confidentiality in PIM-SM Link-local Messages
	Author(s)       : W. Atwood, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-09.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-10-26

RFC 4601 mandates the use of IPsec to ensure authentication of the
link-local messages in the Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse
Mode (PIM-SM) routing protocol.  This document specifies mechanisms
to authenticate the PIM-SM link-local messages using the IP security
(IPsec) Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) or (optionally) the
Authentication Header (AH).  It specifies optional mechanisms to
provide confidentiality using the ESP.  Manual keying is specified as
the mandatory and default group key management solution.  To deal
with issues of scalability and security that exist with manual
keying, an optional support for automated group key management
mechanism is provided.  However, the procedures for implementing
automated group key management are left to other documents.  This
document updates RFC 4601.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-sm-linklocal-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.