Subject: [pim] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 04:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PIM Group-to-RP Mapping
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, A. Kessler, D. McWalter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2010-7-26
	
Each PIM-SM router in a PIM Domain which supports ASM maintains
   Group-to-RP mappings which are used to identify a RP for a specific
   multicast group.  PIM-SM has defined an algorithm to choose a RP from
   the Group-to-RP mappings learned using various mechanisms.  This
   algorithm does not consider the PIM mode and the mechanism through
   which a Group-to-RP mapping was learned.

   This document defines a standard algorithm to deterministically
   choose between several group-to-rp mappings for a specific group.
   This document first explains the requirements to extend the
   Group-to-RP mapping algorithm and then proposes the new algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.