Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-port-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:41:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM
	Author(s)       : Dino Farinacci
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Stig Venaas
                          Maria Napierala
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-port-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-06-16

   This draft describes how a reliable transport mechanism can be used
   by the PIM protocol to optimize CPU and bandwidth resource
   utilization by eliminating periodic Join/Prune message transmission.
   This draft proposes a modular extension to PIM to use either the TCP
   or SCTP transport protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-port-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-port-07.txt