Subject: [pim] RFC 6559 on A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 04:38:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6559

        Title:      A Reliable Transport Mechanism for 
                    PIM 
        Author:     D. Farinacci, IJ. Wijnands,
                    S. Venaas, M. Napierala
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 70159
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-port-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6559.txt

This document defines a reliable transport mechanism for the PIM
protocol for transmission of Join/Prune messages.  This eliminates
the need for periodic Join/Prune message transmission and processing.
The reliable transport mechanism can use either TCP or SCTP as the
transport protocol.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC