Subject: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-pop-count-06.txt> (Population Count Extensions to PIM) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:44:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
WG (pim) to consider the following document:
- 'Population Count Extensions to PIM'
  <draft-ietf-pim-pop-count-06.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a method for providing multicast
   distribution-tree accounting data.  Simple extensions to the PIM
   protocol allow a rough approximation of tree-based data in a scalable
   fashion.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-pop-count/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-pop-count/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.