Subject: [pim] Multiple MRIB entries with same destination prefix.

From: Ganesh Reddy K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:44:54 +0530

Hi All,

We have a specific requirement to add multiple MRIB-entries under same
destination-prefix (for various interfaces).  Multiple MRIB entries
addition  with same destination-prefix is not allowing in XORP. Always
 the entry is overwritten by the  latest entry.

With the present XORP behavior.  Lookup/creation is happening based on
the unique KEY “destination-prefix”.  Configuration commands sequence
is shown below.

Is there any way to configure XORP such that, it should work like a
light weight IGMPProxy to forward Multicast stream. (i.e Without PIM
protocol processing,   and extra processing)?   Please suggest me to
proceed furher?

Thanks,
Ganesh

Configuration commands:--

In the below sequence  of commands,  the first entry containing “eth1”
is overwritten by  the second MRIB route “eth2”.

xorp@# set protocols static mrib-interface-route 192.168.11.54/32
next-hop-interface  eth1
xorp@# set protocols static mrib-interface-route 192.168.11.54/32
next-hop-vif  eth1
xorp@# commit
xorp@# exit
xorp@> show pim mrib

DestPrefix         NextHopRouter   VifName VifIndex MetricPref Metric
192.168.1.0/24     192.168.1.100   eth0    0                 0      0
192.168.2.0/24     192.168.2.100   eth1    2                 0      0
192.168.3.0/24     192.168.3.100   eth2    3                 0      0
192.168.11.54/32   0.0.0.0         eth1    2                 1      1
xorp@P2020RDB>
 ====================

xorp@> configure
xorp@# set protocols static mrib-interface-route 192.168.11.54/32
next-hop-interface eth2
xorp@# set protocols static mrib-interface-route 192.168.11.54/32
next-hop-vif eth2
xorp@# commit
xorp@# exit
xorp@> show pim mrib
DestPrefix         NextHopRouter   VifName VifIndex MetricPref Metric
192.168.1.0/24     192.168.1.100   eth0    0                 0      0
192.168.2.0/24     192.168.2.100   eth1    2                 0      0
192.168.3.0/24     192.168.3.100   eth2    3                 0      0
192.168.11.54/32   0.0.0.0         eth2    3                 1      1
xorp@>