Subject: [pim] [PIM]New version of draft-sami-pim-ng submitted

From: saeed sami <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 00:05:52 +0330

Hello

New version of draft-sami-pim-ng with revision number 07 is submitted
and can be found at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sami-pim-ng/

PIM-NG Bidirectional logic is added which provides the possibility of :

1- Redundant tree Roots per Bidirectional Tree:
put as many TRs  as you think is enough in your PIM-NG multicast domain
and let PIM-NG create its distributed, redundant and ondemand Bidirectional
Trees based on your needs. now there is no need for all clients to choose one ROOT
for a group (G) as each client can choose its closest root.

2- Bidirectional Tree load balance :
PIM-NG lets an administrator to put available TRs in to different groups and
eventually a client is able to join a bidirectional tree for group (A) rooted
at TR-1 and join the Tree for Bidirectional group (B)rooted at TR-2. while
for normal multicast needs all the available TRs can be used because of ANYCAST
concept.

3- Bidirectional communications between different multicast domains:
PIM-NG provides the possibility of Bidirectional Tree formation between
2 different domains or better to say provides Bidirectional inter-domain
connectivity.

4- Bidirectional Group Auto-sense mechanism:
now you can let your multicast domain sense the presence of a Bidirectional
Multicast group by default and everything works without the need for manual
configuration and definition of Bidirectional multicast groups.

Above features alongside other features provided by PIM-NG makes it a suitable
choice for any kind of network and can be considered an all in one solution to
the needs of multicast routing.

I as the Author ask for your comments which can improve PIM-NG specifications.
and i hope that the PIM WG considers PIM-NG as a new multicast solution.

Thanks and i am looking forward to read your comments.

Sincerely

Saeed