Subject: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector-07.txt> (Explicit RPF Vector) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 07:33:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Protocols for IP Multicast WG
(pim) to consider the following document:
- 'Explicit RPF Vector'
  <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The PIM Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) Vector TLV defined in RFC 5496
   can be included in a PIM Join Attribute such that the RPF neighbor is
   selected based on the unicast reachability of the RPF Vector instead
   of the Source or RP associated with the multicast tree.

   This document defines a new RPF Vector Attribute type such that an
   explicit RPF neighbor list can be encoded in the PIM Join Attribute,
   bypassing the unicast route lookup.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.