Subject: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr-07.txt> (Hierarchical Join/Prune Attributes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:30:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocols for IP Multicast WG
(pim) to consider the following document:
- 'Hierarchical Join/Prune Attributes'
  <draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a hierachical method of encoding Join
   attributes, providing a more efficient encoding when the same
   attribute values need to be specified for multiple sources in a PIM
   Join/Prune message.  This document updates RFC 5384 by renaming the
   Encoding Type registry specified there.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.