Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'Explicit RPF Vector' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:52:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Explicit RPF Vector'
  (draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector/

Technical Summary

   For some applications, it might be useful to have a way to specify 
   the explicit path along which the PIM join is propagated. This
   document defines a new Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) Vector TLV to
   build multicast trees via an explicit path sent in the PIM join.

Working Group Summary:

   There was several comments on the mailing list during the working
   group last call. All comments have been addressed in this latest
   draft. 

Document Quality:

   At least one vendor (Cisco) has indicted that they will implement
   the functionality documented in this draft.

Personnel:

   Mike McBride is the document shepherd
   Alvaro Retana is the Area Director.