Subject: [pim] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 17:24:37 -0700

Dear All,
many thanks to Stig Venaas and Mankamana Mishra for many helpful comments
and great discussion. We've expanded the scope of the document to explore
applicability of p2mp BFD to cases beyond DR and BDR monitoring by PIM-SM
routers on a shared-media link. And, as Stig have suggested, specified that
a tail removes the monitored PIM-SM neighbor (head of p2mp BFD session) it
detects the latter had failed.
Welcome your questions, comments, suggestions.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 5:17 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt
To: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Ji Xiaoli <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case
Revision:       02
Title:          Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multi-point
Networks and Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) Use Case
Document date:  2018-06-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-
p2mp-use-case-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-p2mp-
use-case/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-
case-02
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-
p2mp-use-case
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-pim-bfd-
p2mp-use-case-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses the use of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
   (BFD) for multi-point networks to provide nodes that participate in
   Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) with the sub-
   second convergence.  Optional extension to PIM-SM Hello, as specified
   in RFC 7761, to bootstrap point-to-multipoint BFD session. also
   defined in this document.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat