Subject: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-drlb-13.txt> (PIM Designated Router Load Balancing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:06:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocols for IP Multicast WG (pim)
to consider the following document: - 'PIM Designated Router Load Balancing'
  <draft-ietf-pim-drlb-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   On a multi-access network, one of the PIM-SM routers is elected as a
   Designated Router.  One of the responsibilities of the Designated
   Router is to track local multicast listeners and forward data to
   these listeners if the group is operating in PIM-SM.  This document
   specifies a modification to the PIM-SM protocol that allows more than
   one of the PIM-SM routers to take on this responsibility so that the
   forwarding load can be distributed among multiple routers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-drlb/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-drlb/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1713/