Subject: [pim] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-pim-drlb-13

From: Joe Clarke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 12:29:44 -0700

Reviewer: Joe Clarke
Review result: Ready

I was asked to review this document on behalf of the ops directorate.  This
document describes a new protocol to do PIM DR load balancing.  In general, I
think this document is ready.  I appreciate both the backwards compat and
operator considerations sections.  In fact, as I read through this, I kept
thinking, "I hope they talk about legacy vs. new routers on the same shared
LAN".  One thing that might be good to add is a callout to vendors/implementors
that they are explicit in which GDR for which group/source.  Thinking with a
troubleshooting mind, this changes the paradigm in forwarding and knowing how
that behaves will be critical.

I also found three really small nits:

Section 5.2.1:

s/ordinal number of router X/ordinal number of Router X/

===

Section 5.4:

s/permissable/permissible/

===

Section 5.8:

s/take part in an load-balancing/take part in load-balancing/