Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-drlb-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:54:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Designated Router Load Balancing
        Authors         : Yiqun Cai
                          Heidi Ou
                          Sri Vallepalli
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Stig Venaas
                          Andy Green
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-drlb-14.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-12-11

Abstract:
   On a multi-access network, one of the PIM-SM (PIM Sparse Mode)
   routers is elected as a Designated Router.  One of the
   responsibilities of the Designated Router is to track local multicast
   listeners and forward data to these listeners if the group is
   operating in PIM-SM.  This document specifies a modification to the
   PIM-SM protocol that allows more than one of the PIM-SM routers to
   take on this responsibility so that the forwarding load can be
   distributed among multiple routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-drlb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-drlb-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-drlb-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-drlb-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/