Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'A Yang Data Model for IGMP and MLD Snooping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 07:11:49 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Yang Data Model for IGMP and MLD Snooping'
  (draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used 
   to configure and manage Internet Group Management Protocol 
   (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) Snooping devices. 

Working Group Summary

   The WG has a YANG model design team. 5 member of the team 
   (from a handful of vendors) have worked on this. It is based on 
   implementations from these and other vendors. This indicates 
   good vendor support. Aside from this, little explicit support in 
   the WG, and no opposition.

Document Quality

   A handful of vendors have worked on this and may be implementing 
   it. At least 2 members of the WG have done a careful review, and a YANG 
   doctor early review was also done -- and one was requested for IETF LC.

Personnel

   Stig Venaas is the shepherd, Alvaro Retana is the AD.