Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brusilovsky-icw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:05:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the PSTN and Internet Internetworking Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: A Proposal for Internet Call Waiting 
                          Service using SIP  
                          An Implementation Report
	Author(s)	: A. Brusilovsky, E. Gausmann, V. Gurbani, A. Jain
	Filename	: draft-brusilovsky-icw-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 22-Jan-99
	
   The purpose of this Internet Draft is  to  start  discussion  on  the
   issues  involved  in  Internet Call Waiting Service (ICW), as part of
   interconnecting IP and Global Switched Telephone Network (GSTN)  with
   the  intent  of providing ICW service that is much needed by numerous
   dial-up Internet users.  Interworking of the  IP  network  and  GSTN,
   based  on  open well-defined protocols, will promote interoperability
   of both the networks and systems built by different  vendors.    This
   Internet   Draft   is   submitted   with  the  goal  of  becoming  an
   informational RFC. 

  The rest of this document is as follows:
 
   Section  2  briefly  describes  the  services  offered  to  the   end
   Subscriber. It is the support of these services that necessitates the
   proposed internetworking project. 
  
   Section  3 describes the scope of the proposed project by introducing
   its  overall  architecture,  identifying   the   interfaces   to   be
   standardized, describing experience with SIP for ICW. 
  
   Sections  4,  5,  and 6 respectively address security considerations,
   supply references, and provide the authors address,  as  required  by
   [1]. 
  
   Section  7  acknowledges  individuals  providing  assistance  in  the
   creation of this document. 
  
   Section 8 is the Appendix, which contains IN Tutorial and Figure A.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-icw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brusilovsky-icw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-icw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.