Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:50:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: X.509 Internet Public Key Infrastructure 
                          Online Certificate Status Protocol - OCSP
	Author(s)	: C. Adams, M. Myers, A. Malpani, R. Ankney, S. Galperin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 29-Jul-98
	
This document specifies a protocol useful in determining the current
status of a digital certificate without requiring CRLs. Additional
mechanisms addressing PKIX operational requirements are specified in
separate documents.
 
Section 2 provides an overview of the protocol. Section 3 establishes
functional requirements, while section 4 provides details of the
protocol. In section 5 we cover security issues with the protocol.
Appendix A demonstrates OCSP over HTTP and appendix B accumulates ASN.1
syntactic elements.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.