Subject: RE: TSA draft V7. OIDs.

From: Michael Zolotarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:34:55 +1000

> > C1. The draft uses both id-ad-timeStamping and 
> id-pkix-ad-timestamping OIDs.
> > I'd prefer "pkix" to be preserved as part of the name.
> 
> They come from two different arcs (SMIME and PKIX).
> 

Denis, I've put the OIDs together below. To me they are identical :)

id-pkix-ad-timestamping  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {id-pkix-ad 3}
id-pkix-ad               OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {id-pkix 48}
id-pkix                  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {iso(1) 
                         identified-organization(3) dod(6) 
                         internet(1) security(5) mechanisms(5) pkix(7)}

id-ad-timeStamping OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {iso(1) 
                      identified-organization(3) dod(6) 
                      internet(1) security(5) mechanisms(5) pkix(7) 
                      ad (48) timestamping (3)}

M