Subject: duplicate aliases of the same OID in draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-01.txt

From: Maxim Masiutin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:47:40 +0300

Hello!

  I've found duplicate aliases of the same OID in
  draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-01.txt

  sha-1WithRSAEncryption (section 7.2.1) and sha1WithRSAEncryption
  (elsewhere).

  The first variant was also found in rfc2632, rfc2633 (along with the
  second variant).

  Second variant was also found in draft-ietf-smime-certdist-04.txt,
  draft-ietf-smime-examples-03.txt and rfc2633.

  There are also numerous duplicate OID aliases, for example
  PKCS#9-relaeted; they are different in PKIX documents, S/MIME
  documents and PKCS#9 itself.
  
  I've found it writing my ASN.1 code to work with S/MIME messages and
  X.509 certificates. Having multiple names of a same OIDS is much worse
  than having one, I think both workgroups should take care of that.
  
-- 
Maxim Masiutin,
Software Engineer
RIT Research Labs  http://www.ritlabs.com/