Subject: Re: OIDs of MACing algorithms

From: "Tolga Acar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 08:56:24 -0600

PKCS#5 might be what you're looking for. Check out www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs 

- Tolga

>>> "Christopher Williams" <[email-masked]> 4/4/00 3:43:38 >>>
Does anybody know the algorithm identifiers for MACing algorithms such as
DES-MAC, Triple-DES-MAC, etc. that might be used as the basis of a password
based MAC?

Cheers

---

From: "권용철" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:06:33 +0900

> DES-MAC, Triple-DES-MAC, etc. that might be used as the basis 
> of a password based MAC?

	Thanks christopher! That's what I want to ask! :-)
	Tolga, I read the PKCS#5 but it doesn't help me.

	It specify PBE, but we just want to know the OID of DES-MAC and
	Triple-DES-MAC in FIPS-113. 

	I guess if the OID exsists, it may be under 1.3.14.3.2.(it's algorithms)
	and 1.3.14.3.2.10 is desMAC we can use it but PKCS#11 specifies
	3-DES-MAC doesn't require parameter and there is no way to specify
	the key length if we use desMAC oid(that's why I looking for the OID of
	3-DES-MAC :-( ).

	I hope that the new PKCS#11 release contains the OIDs but I couldn't
	download it from RSA ftp - it was shutdowned in these 2 days :-(.

	Does any body knows it?

	Thanks!