Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:42:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate 
                          Management Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Adams, S. Farrell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 87
	Date		: 14-Jul-00
	
This document describes the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
(PKI) Certificate Management Protocols. Protocol messages are defined
for all relevant aspects of certificate creation and management.
Note that 'certificate' in this document refers to an X.509v3
Certificate as defined in [COR95, X509-AM].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Carlisle Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:00:01 -0400

Hi all,

> ----------
> From: 	[email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Reply To: 	[email-masked]
> Sent: 	Monday, July 17, 2000 6:42 AM
> Cc: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01.txt
> 

The following changes were made in going from the 00.txt version to the
01.txt version:

p.20:  defined PKIMessages as a SEQUENCE OF PKIMessage (also in ASN.1
module, p.73);

p.22:  changed SHOULD to MAY in PKIFreeText comment (also in ASN.1 module,
p.74) -- request from Paul Hoffman;

p.27:  changed NestedMessageContent to be PKIMessages, rather than
PKIMessage, and added text explaining why (i.e., to allow for batching
requests at an RA) (also in ASN.1 module, p.75, and see also p.81);

p.30:  added error code 23 -- notAuthorized (forgot to change this in the
ASN.1 module, but this can be done later...);

p.32:  added explanatory text regarding inclusion of a private key in POP --
requested on caTalk list;

p.33:  added explanatory sentence regarding CertHash -- requested on caTalk
list;

p.37:  added pointer to Appendix D for comment on privateKey encoding (also
on p.69 and p.79);

p.42:  added pointer to CertHash discussion in Section 3.2.8;

p.53:  added reference to a more recent version of PKCS #11;

p.72:  changed id-mod-cmp2000 from 14 to 16 (the correct value according to
Russ' official list of PKIX OIDs);

p.83:  added discussion of encoding for privateKey -- requested by Francois
Rousseau.

A relatively small set of quite minor changes.  Quite encouraging given all
the interop testing that has occurred (even as recently as last week)...!
Thanks to all of you who gave me input.

Carlisle.