Subject: Re: Dual-signed certificates

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 05:50:53 (NZST)

"Bob Jueneman" <[email-masked]> writes:

>[snip]
>
>>Since a certificate is comprised of public information signed by a CA,
>>clearly a CA can create a certificate saying more-or-less what they
>>want. I suppose this is an argument for having certificates that are
>>dual-signed (by the CA and the public key the contain).

>Duh!  Head-slapping!  What a great idea!  I'd love to see this added to X.509
>v3 as an optional, noncritical extension.

The chickenAndEgg extension I presume?  How do you process this (or generate
it)?

Peter.

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:27:15 +0100

> The chickenAndEgg extension I presume?  How do you process this (or generate

Eh? Or are you referring to the difficulty of having the signature
within the cert? If so, quite!

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Coming to ApacheCon Europe 2000? http://apachecon.com/