Subject: Re: Dual-signed certificates: Attribute Certificate ??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:54:10 +0200

Maybe this can be considered out of topic, but following this
discussion it came in to my mind a well established procedure that in
Italy
dramatically speeds up the relationships with public administration
bureaucracy, this is called "auto certificazione" (litteraly self
certification). In a few words, everyone can self sign and subscribe
declarations about his status (civil status, domicile, family status,
etc.)
and use this declarations, together with Identity card, when interacting
with civil autorities.
For a digital equivalent my first thought is about attribute certificates,
I am not very familiar with AC and I don't know if this can be achieved
with
present specifications and profile.
Perhaps something like self signed AC can be useful not only for public
administration but also for enterprise PKI for attributes that are not
delegated to specific attribute autorithy but are under the direct
responsability of the employee.

Sergio Tabanelli
Project Manager & Consultant
Fabbrica Servizi Telematici (FST)
[email-masked]