Subject: A new XMLPKI WG?

From: Michael Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:23:18 -0800

All,

This feast may move but the song remains the same.  I for one see no reason
for a new WG re: XML+PKI.  It's just going to be the same people, the same
voices, etc.  Would it not more effective to simply amend our existing
charter and motor on?  Just a thought. In any event, $10US (ten dollars US)
out of my pocket to the first person who correctly identifies onlist the
references implied in the first sentence.

Mike

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:37:33 -0800

>references implied in the first sentence.

Hey! Something that Mike and I agree on. :-) If the work is kept 
within this WG, it will force the proposers to explain the value add 
for XML for the certificate and CRL and OCSP replacements. I, for 
one, would be interested in hearing those.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:01:36 +0100

> one, would be interested in hearing those.

Well Paul, If XMLPKI will look like the following extract from the SCVP
draft it will certainly fail.

            <TypesOfCheck>
                <ObjID>1.3.5.5.5.2.5.2</ObjID>
            </TypesOfCheck>
                    
            <WantBack>
                <ObjID>1.3.5.5.5.2.5.2</ObjID>
            </WantBack>

Fortunately I don't think this is representative for much PKI-related things done in XML.

/Anders