Subject: RE: draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00

From: Ari Kermaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:20:05 -0500

A question of ASN.1 in CRMF:

draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00 Section 4.4 has:

    POPOSigningKeyInput ::= SEQUENCE {
        authInfo            CHOICE {
            sender              [0] GeneralName,
            -- used only if an authenticated identity has been
            -- established for the sender (e.g., a DN from a
            -- previously-issued and currently-valid certificate)
            publicKeyMAC        PKMACValue },
            -- used if no authenticated GeneralName currently exists for
            -- the sender; publicKeyMAC contains a password-based MAC
            -- on the DER-encoded value of publicKey
        publicKey           SubjectPublicKeyInfo }  -- from CertTemplate

draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-01 Section 3.2.8 has:

      POPOSigningKeyInput ::= SEQUENCE {
          authInfo            CHOICE {
              sender              [0] GeneralName,
              -- from PKIHeader (used only if an authenticated identity
              -- has been established for the sender (e.g., a DN from a
              -- previously-issued and currently-valid certificate))
              publicKeyMAC        [1] PKMACValue
              -- used if no authenticated GeneralName currently exists for
              -- the sender; publicKeyMAC contains a password-based MAC
              -- (using the protectionAlg AlgId from PKIHeader) on the
              -- DER-encoded value of publicKey
          },
          publicKey           SubjectPublicKeyInfo    -- from CertTemplate
      }

So -- is the publicKeyMAC choice tagged or not?

Ari Kermaier