Subject: OCSPv2 -01 draft

From: Michael Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:20:29 -0800

Below are the changes based on list comments.  If I overlooked something,
please let me know.

Following the advice of Denis Pinkas, Peter Gutman, Margus Freudenthal and
others:

4.1.1  Request Syntax
---------------------
[added]
   OCSPv2 servers SHALL recognize and respond to the certID option.
   OCSPv2 client SHOULD recognize and respond to the certID option.

I amended the proposed ReqCert ASN.1 syntax to:

ReqCert  ::= CHOICE {
     certID            CertID,
     issuerSerial      [0] IssuerandSerialNumber,
     pKCert            [1] Certificate,
     name              [2] GeneralName,
     certhash          [3] OCTET STRING }

based especially on Peter Gutman's analysis.

4.4.4  Archive Cutoff
---------------------
There was an issue on this wrt suspension but when I went back and looked at
the public comments it's not clear to me that we as a WG had closed on it.
Perhaps Carlin Covey would be willing to contribute text addressing this
requirement?

Mike