Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:57:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate 
                          Request Message Format (CRMF)
	Author(s)	: D. Solo, D. Kemp
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
This document describes the Certificate Request Message Format
(CRMF).  This syntax is used to convey a request for a certificate to
a Certification Authority (CA) (possibly via a Registration Authority
(RA)) for the purposes of X.509 certificate production.  The request
will typically include a public key and associated registration
information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:27:35 -0500

Since the same comment that had previously been added in rfc2510bis for
clarifying when the EncryptedValue is used to carry a private key was also
added in this Internet Draft, PKCS#11 and ANSI X9.42 should probably be
added as references in this document.

Note also that the next draft of PKCS#11 v2.11 will include explicit support
for the ANSI X9.42 flavour of Diffie-Hellman and the wrapping (i.e.
encryption) of X9.42 Diffie-Hellman private keys.  Therefore the exception
that the D-H algorithm OID and parameters MUST be as defined in ANSI X9.42
might soon become superfluous.

Cheers,

Francois
___________________________________
Francois Rousseau
Director of Standards and Conformance
Chrysalis-ITS
1688 Woodward Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA, K2C 3R7
[email-masked]      Tel. (613) 723-5076 ext. 419
http://www.chrysalis-its.com     Fax. (613) 723-5078