Subject: RE: OCSP identifiers: current tally

From: Michael Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:47:33 -0800

All,

Current tally re: amending RFC 2560's certID syntax:

On Tuesday, November 28, 2000 8:14 PM, Phillip H. Griffin wrote:
> I . . . definitely support your efforts to amend the certID 
> syntax.

On Tuesday, November 28, 2000 3:52 PM, Carlin Covey wrote:
> Since we seem to be taking a straw poll here, let me cast my 
> (uncertified) vote in favor of OCSPv2's proposal to amend
> RFC 2560's certID syntax.

In addition, Denis requested to be moved to opposed.

Denis, I must ask again, could you please clarify your position?  It seems
to me that we can either count you in favor and I'll pick up on Phil's offer
and ask him if he'd be willing to take a closer look at the comparative
value of both expressions at the ASN.1 level, or we can count you as opposed
in which case there's no need to seek Phil's guidance.

Anyway, we currently have as a delta to the previous tally:

10  in favor (minus Pinkas, plus Covey, plus Griffin)
3   opposed  (plus Pinkas)

Mike