Subject: JSR-000055 Certification Path API

From: Sean Mullan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:55:25 +0000

All,

The Java Certification Path API is now available for Public
Review. This is a new Java API that is being specified using
the Java Community Process (see 
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess for more info
on the process).

This API is being targeted for inclusion in the next release (1.4)
of J2SE (Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition). The API includes interfaces
and classes for building and validating chains of certificates.

The API is based on the existing Java Cryptography Architecture 
(see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/security/CryptoSpec.html)
which allows developers to create and plug in cryptographic service
providers supporting various algorithms. The API also includes
a set of algorithm-specific classes supporting the PKIX certification 
path validation algorithm.

The public review period closes on December 8. See the forwarded message
below for details on downloading the specification. Please send any
comments you may have to the email address "[email-masked]". 
We expect that many of you will be interested in this API and we look
forward to your comments.

Thanks,
Sean Mullan
Specification Lead for JSR055
Java Security and Networking
Sun Microsystems

Subject: JSR-000055 Certification Path API
From: Harold Ogle <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:06:26 -0800

The Public Review Draft Specification for

    JSR-000055 Certification Path API

is now available for Public Review from

    http://java.sun.com/jcp/review.html

This public review closes on December 8, 2000.

The Maintenance Review of the JSPA, JSR 909, will end on December 5.

===========================================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to [email-masked] and include in the body
of the message "signoff JCP-INTEREST".  For general help, send email to
[email-masked] and include in the body of the message "help".

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:15:17 +0100

Sean,

Thanks for the information. Would it be possible to get a printable version
of the whole document, e.g. *.pdf (or *.doc) which includes a fixed number
of pages so that it becomes easier to point to the text to raise comments ? 

Denis

>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Objet: JSR-000055 Certification Path API
> De: Harold Ogle <[email-masked]>
> Répondre-A: "Java Community Process (JCP) general information/announcement
>      list" <[email-masked]>
> A: [email-masked]
>

---

From: Sean Mullan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:45:24 +0000

I have updated the archive to also include a single pdf document 
(named "api.pdf") containing the javadocs. See:

    http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr055/index.html

to download the zip file.

--Sean