Subject: Re: Classic PKI vs Thin PKI/S2ML

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:04:18 -0800

i think you are referring to having seem me more in the context of X9A meetings
and specifically X9A10 and work on the X9.59 standard for electronic
account-based payments. I don't think you have check on my being a corporate
representative to some of the X9F committees and/or checked my membership in the
majority of the X9F working groups (some more active than others).

"Phillip H. Griffin" <[email-masked]> on 12/15/2000 01:14:50 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   pkix list <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Lynn Wheeler/CA/FDMS/FDC)
Subject:  Re: Classic PKI vs Thin PKI/S2ML

Stephen Kent wrote (in part):
snip
>
> The financial community has a set of concerns that are entirely
> valid, and are NOT the whole of PKI. Lynn Wheeler, who just
> contributed to this discussion, pursues PKI issues in ANSI F9, a
> standards committee devoted to that application area.

Wait a minute. As far as I know, Mr. Wheeler is not
involved in any of the security area standards being
developed in X9F, but participates frequently in X9A.
Not the same working groups.

Phil
----
Phillip H. Griffin      Griffin Consulting
http://asn-1.com        Secure ASN.1 Design & Implementation
+1-919-832-7008         1625 Glenwood Avenue, Five Points
+1-919-832-7390 [fax]   Raleigh, North Carolina  27608  USA
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:53:37 -0800

Stephen Kent wrote (in part):
snip

Phil
----