Subject: WG Last Call, PKI Repository Locator

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:58:34 -0500

This message announces Working Group Last Call for the Repository Locator 
Service Draft.  The specification is currently available at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-pkixrep-00.txt  The 
chairs plan to request Experimental status for this document.

As most of you know, there is no requirement for a WG Last Call for 
experimental RFCs.  However, this specification has been through only a 
single draft, and has drawn a very small number of comments.  I am hoping 
that a Last Call will prompt some of you to review the specification.

In my opinion, this specification addresses an important problem - disjoint 
certificate repositories (e.g., unrelated LDAP drectories.)  This 
specification is ahead of the product curve, so it would be appropriate to 
go to Experimental status.  As product and experience catches up, we can 
revisit this work

As the normal two weeks will include holiday vacations for many, Last Call 
will remain open through January 8, 2001.

Thanks,

Tim Polk