Subject: RE: DPD & DPV requirements

From: Michael Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:22:10 -0800

Steve, Frank, all:

The ReqCert syntax of OCSPv2 imports Certificate syntax from X.509, yielding
a single X.509 certificate in a request.  At this stage, I have no objection
to amending ReqCert to use CertificateSet syntax defined in RFC 2630 (i.e.
CMS) to enable a "certificate lump" since the syntax of CertificateSet
enables specification of a single certificate (although prefaced then by a
SET OF, but otherwise we're looking at a SEQ OF anyway).  OCSPv2 is already
requiring linkage to 2630 via import of IssuerAndSerialNumber for
certificate identification purposes.

Mike

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:41:25 -0500

Mike,

>certificate identification purposes.

I was not suggesting that the target cert be transferred this way, 
only the lump of certs that a client might optionally send along to a 
server.

Steve