Subject: Question to <draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-12.txt>

From: Bernd Matthes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 16:08:59 +0100

Hi!

I have a question to the following sentence 
from section 2.4.1. Request Format:

"The messageImprint field SHOULD contain the hash of the datum to be
time stamped."

What is the meaning of 'datum'?
Should it be 'data' instead of 'datum'?

Thanks for any comments.

with kind regards
-- 
Mors certa, hora incerta. In dubio pro mille.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernd Matthes                   Celo Communications GmbH
Senior Software Engineer    	Weissenfelser Strasse 46a   
Nachrichtentechniker            D 06217 Merseburg           
Dipl.-Ing.(FH)                  http://www.celocom.com      
  f. technische Informatik      mailto:[email-masked]   
http://www.worldbug.de          Tel.: +49 3461/3318-0       
mailto:[email-masked]      Fax:  +49 3461/415072
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"When in doubt, use brute force." (Ken Thompson)

---

From: "Augusto Jun Devegili" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:20:51 -0200

Datum is single, data is plural.