Subject: 2 Identities on 1 Certificate

From: "Mario Gratton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:00:41 -0400

Is it possible to include 2 Public keys (and also two email address) on 1
certificate?

The particular scenario that prompted this question is as follow:

I have two individuals each with their own PKI credentials that were created
under the same CPS. Both these individuals work in the same office (same OU,
O, C). Private correspondance to one of these individuals would be encrypted
using his/her public certificate but "office" correspondance would be
achieved using this "office" certificate and therefore encrypted using both
public keys.

Please note that I can not create a third PKI entity and share its private
keys to both individuals. The scenario described above seems to be my only
option unless I create a Secure Mail List expansion agent!

Thanks.

Mario Gratton
Manager IT Security Engineering
AEPOS Technologies Corporation
(613)237-3022