Subject: TimeStamp: Needs clarification

From: Bernd Matthes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:17:50 +0200

Hi to all!

I need clarification about messageImprint of TimeStampToken.

In <draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-14.txt>, Appendix A is written:
"The value of messageImprint field within TimeStampToken shall be a hash
of the value of signature field within SignerInfo for the signedData
being timestamped."

In my opinion is the messageImprint the hash value of the
encryptedDigest
in the SignerInfo (according to RFC2315)
or is the messageImprint the hash value over the message identical to
the
messageDigest in the authenticatedAttributes within the SignerInfo?

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Mors certa, hora incerta. In dubio pro mille.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernd Matthes                   Celo Communications GmbH
Senior Software Engineer    	     - a Gemplus Company
Dipl.-Ing.(FH)                  mailto:[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Every information is sensitive information,
and sensitive informations should be protected from being spied.
ergo: because you read this mail you're probably a spy.