Subject: Secret Sharing Scheme and Threshold Cryptography

From: "Erica Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:12:29 +0100

hi, all

I am currently looking for working and practical systems that implement the
secret sharing scheme and/or threshold cryptography. If you have any
information about that, could you please let me know?

I can see there are lots of theoretical results available, but so far I can
rarely find any practical systems (either from academics or from industry)
that implement them! Why? Am I missing something?

Are there any survey papers about the state of the practice of threshold
cryptography?

Any pointers are welcome. I will be grateful for any suggestions from you!

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

Erica

---

From: "Steve Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:30:14 -0400

There are several applications of Threshold Cryptography,
checking the following URLs:

http://crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/abstracts/ittc.html
http://www.hrl.il.ibm.com/Proactive/index.html
http://www.cs.gmu.edu/~xwang4/acsac00.ps (used to enable secure DNS dynamic
update)

AT&T also has an implementation but I do not
have the URL at hand.

Regards,

Steve