Subject: How to get Base and Delta CRLs for a particular end entity certif icate...

From: Aslam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:27:43 -0400

Hi,
 
 I'm working on CRL stuff, I have a question regarding Delta CRL, in
 following senario:
 I get  a certificate from somewhere, whose validity I have to 
 check against the CRL mechanism. For this I obtain the CRL Distribution
Point extension from 
 the cert and download the CRL from that location, then I check for 
 extension and finds that its a base crl, so every thing work good. Now from
where 
 I should get the Delta CRL, if the answer is that these can be obtained 
 fron the same CRL distribution point then if my first is a delta crl then
how 
 to get the base crl corresponding to a delta crl.
 
 Any help is much more appriciated..
 
 Thanks
 Aslam

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 14:06:31 -0400

Aslam:

See draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-07.txt.

Section 4.2.1.16 describes an extension in the certificate that points to 
the delta CRL, and section 5.2.6 describes an extension in the base CRL 
that points to the delta CRL.  CAs may use either technique.

Russ