Subject: a new version of the 4th edition of x.509

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 00:17:21 -0700

Hello all

Believe it or not, the ITU is very close to publishing the new 4th 
edition. During the final document shakedown we found a number of 
very minor editorials.

I have posted that new version upon the server in pdf and word formats at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts/X509_4thEditionDraftV8.doc 
and

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts/X509_4thEditionDraftV8.pdf

Newly revised drafts of the 4th edition of the other parts of X.500 
are also available at the same server in

    ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts

I am beginning to feel like chicken littlle in warning you that I am 
about to remove X.509 from this server. However, I have seen the 
FINAL text this week and ITU and ISO are very close to publishing.

But as I said before, ITU is allowing any three recommendations to be 
downloaded at no cost from their server. It is an interesting 
experiment that they are evaluating for 2001. For more information see

    http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html

Be gentle

   hoyt
--