Subject: RE: delta CRLs

From: Santosh Chokhani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:11:57 -0400

Actually, the text allows for the wrap of the numbers.  Please see Annex B
of X.509.  Thus, it is not strictly increasing

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Sylvester [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 2:08 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: delta CRLs

> Trevor:
> 
> The 2000 version of X.509 is very clear on this.  For a given CRL stream
> identifier, the CRL number is unique whether it is base or delta.  That is
> why delta number has to be greater than the base.

" 8.5.2.1 CRL number extension

  This CRL extension field conveys a monotonically increasing sequence
number .."

The text might be clearer IMHO if 'strictly increasing' would be used
instead.