Subject: ETSI Draft Time-stamping Policy - comments requested

From: "Nick Pope" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:56:04 +0100

Request for comments on draft ETSI standard:
"POLICY REQUIREMENTS FOR TIME-STAMPING AUTHORITIES"

The ETSI Electronic Signatures Infrastructure Working Group has drafted a
standard which specifies policy requirements on the operation and management
practices of Time-Stamping Authorities such that subscribers and relying
parties may have confidence in the operation of its time-stamp services.

This draft specification is being made publicly available for review and
comment by any company or organisation with interest in this area.  A copy
can be obtained through the ETSI El Sign web site (see below).

Comments are requested by 7th September.

Background

The development of this standard policy document is one of the tasks the
ETSI Electronic Signature and Infrastructure Working Group is progressing
within the European Electronic Signature Standardisation Initiative (EESSI).
The ETSI El Sign Web-site (see below) provides further information about the
ETSI activities and the EESSI program.

Requested action.

Please send your comments and suggestions not later than 15 September to the
ETSI El Sign e-mail list [email-masked], with copy to the editor on
[email-masked].   Please put "TSA-Pol" at the front of the Subject field
of
all submissions to the e-mail list on this topic.

To register with the EL-SIGN list and download the draft document
(STF178Task1Draft.pdf) see:

http://www.etsi.org/sec/el-sign.htm

The purpose of the open e-mail list is to stimulate discussion of the
published comments and contributions. Therefore, early submissions are
welcome. We expect that discussions will go on through the open e-mail list
under and after the comments period.

With regards

Nick Pope, Security & Standards
Editor - Policy Requirements for Time-stamping Authorities
[email-masked]

and

György Endersz, Telia Research AB
Chair ETSI ESI Working Group
[email-masked]