Subject: Re: draft-ietf-pkix-dpv-dpd-req-01.txt

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:45:24 -0500

Peter:

>Another one:
>
> > If the DPV request does not specify a validation policy, the server
> > response MUST indicate the one that was used. In such a case, the
> > client must verify that the one selected by the server is appropriate.
>
>I propose:
>
>"A server response MUST indicate the validation policy that has been used,
>  and a client MUST verify that it is acceptable."

I would prefer to change the second MUST to SHOULD.  If a client is 
configured to work with one or more organizational DPV servers, then that 
client must accept the response, regardless of the policy indicated.

Russ

============================================================================
================
This e-mail, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and are PRIVILEGED and 
CONFIDENTIAL.  Access by any other party is unauthorized without the express
prior written permission of the sender.  If 
you have received this e-mail in error you may not copy, disclose to any
third party or use the contents, attachments or 
information in any way, Please delete all copies of the e-mail and the
attachment(s), if any and notify the sender. 
Thank You.
============================================================================
================