Subject: RE: Cautionary Period Straw Poll

From: "Deacon, Alex" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:48:13 -0800

I believe that DPV protocols developed by the PKIX working group
ought not include support for a cautionary period.

Alex

---

From: "Al Arsenault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:09:50 -0500

I believe that DPV protocols developed by the PKIX working group ought not
include support for a cautionary period.

I believe this because it would make the protocol even bigger and more
complex than it already will be, and that will inevitably lead to even
slower adoption and use.

If this is truly a feature needed by some users, they can add it at the
application layer without affecting the protocol  itself.

            Al Arsenault

---

From: "Michael Myers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:41:58 -0800

The DPD/DPV protocols being developed by the PKIX working group
ought NOT include support for a cautionary period.

Mike