Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-01.txt

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:41:15 -0500

Peter:

> > I would prefer to maintain alignment with RFC 2585.  The use of 
> SEQUENCE OF
> > would be fewer bit on the wire, but it would also require the 
> specification
> > of another MIME type for the transfer of certificates.
>
>And what about using a cert-only cms message?

This is acceptable, but I prefer one that is more straightforward to 
implement with web server tools.

Russ

============================================================================
================
This e-mail, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and are PRIVILEGED and 
CONFIDENTIAL.  Access by any other party is unauthorized without the express
prior written permission of the sender.  If 
you have received this e-mail in error you may not copy, disclose to any
third party or use the contents, attachments or 
information in any way, Please delete all copies of the e-mail and the
attachment(s), if any and notify the sender. 
Thank You.
============================================================================
================

---

From: Dr S N Henson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:34:41 +0000

> implement with web server tools.

Couldn't a valid indefinite length encoded certs only cms message be
generated just using cut and paste?

Steve.
-- 
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [email-masked] 
Senior crypto engineer, Gemplus: http://www.gemplus.com/
Core developer of the   OpenSSL project: http://www.openssl.org/
Business Email: [email-masked] PGP key: via homepage.