Subject: SCVP Version 6

From: Santosh Chokhani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:04:30 -0500

While reviewing SCVP, a question comes to my mind.  My interpretation of the
document and ASN.1 is that the following items are associated with the
entire request as opposed to a specific certificate in the request:

*	type of check
*	want back
*	policy ID
*	configuration identifier

Now, the errors associated with these items are associated with "reply" for
each certificate as opposed to the entire "response".  Is there a reason for
that or should these errors be moved to "response"?

Also, the RFC sections are leveled.  They should be hierarchically
organized.

Raccoon Eyes
Santosh Chokhani
CygnaCom Solutions, Inc.
7927 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 100 West
McLean, VA 22102
[email-masked]
(703) 270-3520  (703) 848-0960 (fax)
www.cygnacom.com

Entrust CygnaCom

---

From: Santosh Chokhani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:54:41 -0500

I hate to inundate the authors and the community, but two additional
questions come to my mind while reviewing this ID.
 
1.  Should there be guidance on what the form of proof of revocation status
would be?
 
2.  Should there be a guidance on what thisUpdate and nextUpdate should be?
It seems that these fields are related to revocation and hence:
        a.  It seems that the thisUpdate for a certificate should be
earliest of thisUpdate for the revocation information relevant to the
certification path.
        b.  The nextUpdate is a bit more dicey.  It could be earliest of all
nextUpdate relevant to the certification path.  But, one could argue that it
should be latest of all since that is when we will know about all the
certificates.  In the latter case, if any value is missing, nextUpdate
should not be asserted by the server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Santosh Chokhani [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 3:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SCVP Version 6

*	type of check 

*	want back 

*	policy ID 

Raccoon Eyes
Santosh Chokhani 
CygnaCom Solutions, Inc. 

Entrust CygnaCom