Subject: Re: Progression of RFC 3161 (TSP) to Draft Standard

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:14:53 +1300 (NZDT)

"todd glassey" <[email-masked]> writes:

>Denis - do you have any commercial users of the protocol or are the
>implementers Academic, and if they are academic what are they using the TSP
>for.

Does it matter?  The requirement is for two interoperable implementations,
which we certainly have.

(Just out of interest, it'd be interesting to see who *is* using TSP
 commercially.  From the list which Denis posted, I'd guess this is only
 happening in Italy, which has laws requiring it.  The other three are
 academic/experimental.  My code is available under the Sleepycat license
 (dual-license, GPL-style or commercial) and I'm not aware of any commercial
 users of TSP... actually I'm not aware of any open-source users either, but
 since anyone can grab it I can't really tell who's doing what with it, there
 may be hordes of people secretly running TSAs in their basements).

Peter.

---

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:58:59 -0800

yes it does, and for what should be obvious reasons

Todd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Gutmann" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: Progression of RFC 3161 (TSP) to Draft Standard