Subject: X.509 working documents and defect reports on the server

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:48:41 -0700

Hello all

The directory group will be meeting 27 February - 3 March 2002 in Geneva. We will be continuing looking at the enhancements proposed in the current working. It is on the server in Word and PDF at

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001Output/6N12093CertEnhancement3rdWD.pdf  and
  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001Output/6N12093CertEnhancement3rdWD.doc

There are some unofficial, i.e. not yet submitted by standards organization, Canadian comments on the WD at

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Geneva2002/Input/UnofficialCdnCommentOn509WD.pdf

The ballot on DTC-3 to the 4th (2000) edition of X.509/8584-8 has closed. The ballot comments, which will be resolved in Geneva, can be found at

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Geneva2002/Input/WorkbookSovX.509DTC-3%284th%29.pdf

The DTC itself was previously announced.. It can be found in Word and PDF at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DraftTechnicalCorrigenda/closing27Nov2001/6N12016X.509DTC-3%284th%29.pdf
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DraftTechnicalCorrigenda/closing27Nov2001/6N12016X.509DTC-3%284th%29.doc

The ballot period on DTC-11 to the 3rd edition of X.509 and DTC-4 to the 4th edition will close 27 February 2002. We will resolve any ballot comments at the Geneva meeting. Those DTCs in Word and PDF can be found at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DraftTechnicalCorrigenda/closing26Feb2002/6N12079X.509DTC-11%283rd%29.pdf
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DraftTechnicalCorrigenda/closing26Feb2002/6N12079X.509DTC-11%283rd%29.doc
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DraftTechnicalCorrigenda/closing26Feb2002/6N12078X.509DTC-4%284th%29.pdf
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DraftTechnicalCorrigenda/closing26Feb2002/6N12078X.509DTC-4%284th%29.doc

The Defect Reports being corrected by these DTCs can be found at

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DefectReports/X.509andRelated/DR_284.pdf
  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DefectReports/X.509andRelated/DR_285.pdf 
  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DefectReports/X.509andRelated/DR_286.pdf

A new Defect Report, DR 289, will be examined at the Geneva meeting. It can be found at

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/DefectResolution/DefectReports/X.509andRelated/DR_289.pdf

Comments on these documents should be sent to me and Sharon Boeyen

   hoyt