Subject: RFC 3161 (TSP): update for the criticality flag

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:27:49 +0100

I am in the process to capture the changes to be done to RFC 3161. 
In response to the comments raised about the criticality flag 
for the extensions.

The current text reads:  

   If an extension, whether it is marked critical or not critical, is
   used by a requester but is not recognized by a time-stamping server,
   the server SHALL not issue a token and SHALL return a failure
   (unacceptedExtension).

It will be replaced by:

   A server that does not recognize a non-critical extension SHALL 
   ignore the extension and SHALL not return an error for this.

   A server that recognizes an extension SHALL process the extension 
   regardless of the value of the criticality flag. A server MUST 
   reject the request if it encounters a critical extension it does 
   not recognize and in that case SHALL return a failure 
   (unacceptedExtension). 

Denis

---

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:31:32 +0100 (MET)

> It will be replaced by:
You probably mean: 

  "I propose to replace it by:"