Subject: agenda topics, WG last call for DPV requirements

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:07:40 -0500

Folks,

We are preparing the PKIX WG meeting agenda for March and thus 
soliciting requests for slots. Please send requests to both Tim and 
to me.

The current version of the DPV requirements ID has been posted:
  (draft-ietf-pkix-dpv-dpd-req-02.txt)

This version reflects changes based on comments since the last IETF 
meeting, where we announced that the document would go to WG last 
call.  So, let's begin the last call process today, and complete it 
by Monday, March 4.

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: Petra Barzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:32:48 +0100

I would like to propose some more requirements to be included

in the DPV/DPD requirements draft:

- a hash of the request MUST be included in the response.

This may allow the client to check if his request was maliciously

modified (if the response is signed) and helps to associate the

response with his request when using connectionless protocols.

- a random number MAY be included in the request.

This allows replay protection when the client has no clock.

The random number doesn't have to be repeated in the response

if the response contains a hash of the request.

- add one more component to a validation policy: algorithm requirements

They identify the minimum key length of the signature key or

untrusted hash- and signature algorithms.

- add another request/response pair to obtain the definition of a

specific, the default or all validation policies defined on the server.

So far only the references of a validation policies can be returned.

But it might be necessary to retrieve the definition of a validation
policy,

too (e.g. for archiving).

- Petra

Stephen Kent schrieb:

Folks, We
are preparing the PKIX WG meeting agenda for March and thus soliciting
requests for slots. Please send requests to both Tim and to me. The
current version of the DPV requirements ID has been posted: (draft-ietf-pkix-dpv-dpd-req-02.txt) This
version reflects changes based on comments since the last IETF meeting,
where we announced that the document would go to WG last call.  So,
let's begin the last call process today, and complete it by Monday, March
4. Thanks, Steve