Subject: Re: Progression of RFC 3161 (TSP) to Draft Standard

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:49:15 +0100

To the two PKIX co-chairs (Steve and Tim) and to the list of 
TSP implementors.

Some tests have been performed but, until now, I have not seen a
"documentation about testing of the interoperation of these implementations"
as RFC 2026 mentions.

RFC 2026 also states:

   The Working Group chair is responsible for documenting the specific
   implementations which qualify the specification for Draft or Internet
   Standard status along with documentation about testing of the
   interoperation of these implementations.  

So while, as the lead editor, I am not responsible, I would like to give an
help to Tim and Steve.

:-)

You will find attached a document in two parts:

In the first part I have copied ans pasted the relevant parts of RFC 2026.

In the second part, I have taken my scissors and placed in a first section
all the SHALL, REQUIRED, MUST and SHOULD that are relevant to a client and
then in a second section all the SHALL, REQUIRED, MUST and SHOULD that are
relevant to a server.

For every SHALL, REQUIRED, MUST and SHOULD, I have placed a number between
brackets.

So, unless your documentation is already written, I would suggest to build a
table using these numbers and say how you passed the each test.

There are only a few weeks until the next IETF meeting.

Denis

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:31:33 +0100

Sorry, the previous message, with its attachement, was not intended to the
whole PKIX mailing list.

Denis