Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:42:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Policy Requirements for Time-Stamping Authorities
	Author(s)	: D. Pinkas, N. Pope, J. Ross
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
This document specifies policy requirements relating to the 
operation of Time-stamping Authorities (TSAs). It defines policy 
requirements on the operation and management practices of TSAs such 
that subscribers and relying parties may have confidence in the 
operation of the time-stamping services.
The contents of this Informational RFC is technically equivalent to
ETSI TS 102 023 V1.2.1 (2002-06) [TS 102023]. The ETSI TS is under 
the ETSI Copyright (C). Individual copies of this ETSI deliverable 
can be downloaded from http://www.etsi.org
This document is an Internet-Draft and is NOT offered in accordance 
with Section 10 of RFC 2026, and the authors do not provide the IETF
with any rights other than to publish as an Internet-Draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "forward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:31:43 +0800

Hi:
I want to ask a question about SCEP. In SCEP there is a sentence " To
prevent a "man-in-the-middle" attack, an MD5 'fingerprint' generated on
the PKCS#10(before PKCS#7 enveloping and signing ) must be compared
out-of-band between the server and end entity". However I don't know how
the cisco's SCEP client calculate the MD5 'fingerprint'. 
In my SCEP server, I can decrypt and decode PKCSReq and can get the
PKCS#10 then generate certificate for CISCO's router. The server
generate the CertRep message and send it to CISCO2600. However the
CISCO2600 tell me that it verify the massage failed.
Can anybody tell me the reason?
Thanks!

Forward.li

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: David Hopwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:36:11 +0000

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

[email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure
> (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.
>

Since this draft concerns policy requirements for an Internet Standards
Track protocol (TSP, i.e. RFC 3161), it should be part of the Internet
Standards Process. RFC 2026 is clear about that meaning that it MUST be
subject to Section 10.

(It is possible for documents that are not part of the Internet Standards
Process to be published as Informational RFCs without being subject to
Section 10, as described in RFC 2026 Section 4.2.2, but that should be
reserved for documents that have no direct relation to any Standards Track
protocols.)

- -- 
David Hopwood <[email-masked]>

Home page & PGP public key: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hopwood/
RSA 2048-bit; fingerprint 71 8E A6 23 0E D3 4C E5  0F 69 8C D4 FA 66 15 01
Nothing in this message is intended to be legally binding. If I revoke a
public key but refuse to specify why, it is because the private key has been
seized under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act; see www.fipr.org/rip

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:52:19 -0400

>?

SCEP is not a PKIX protocol, so this is not the right forum in which 
to ask your question.

I suggest you contact someone at Cisco.

Steve