Subject: TSA policy ID

From: Hui Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:56:27 +0800

Hi,
	According to RFC 3161,  TSAPolicyID must be included. I have no idea
on what it means?
How could I find out what OID should be used for my TSA ?

Could anyone help me? 

Thanks,	

Stern Lai
Open Secure Time-stamping Platform
Information Technology Services Centre
The Chinese University of Hong Kong

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:36:50 +0200

> 
> Hi,
>         According to RFC 3161,  TSAPolicyID must be included. 

> I have no idea on what it means?

> How could I find out what OID should be used for my TSA ?

The Chinese University of Hong Kong may define its own policy and may 
then use an OID to identity it.

FYI, the document Policy Requirements for Time-Stamping Authorities
(http://www.imc.org/draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa) identifies one policy and
assigns one OID for it. If you believe that you can meet the requirements of
that policy, then you can use that OID. If one of these requirements is not
met, then you shall not use it and use your own definition. The content of
the above document may help you to describe your own policy.

Denis