Subject: RFC 3281 Omission

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:07:41 -0400

Dear PKIX WG:

Jim Schaad discovered that an OID necessary for implementation of encrypted 
attributes as described in section 7.1 of RFC 3281 was not included in the 
document.  To fix this problem, I have assigned the missing OID.

The document says:

    The AC then contains the ciphertext inside its signed data.  The
    EnvelopedData (id-envelopedData) ContentType is used, and the content
    field will contain the EnvelopedData type.

It should also say:

    Within EnvelopedData, the encapuslatedContentInfo identifies the content
    type carried withing the ciphertext.  In this case, the contentType 
field of
    encapuslatedContentInfo MUST contain id-ct-attrCertEncAttrs, which
    has the following value:

       attrCertEncAttrs OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::=
             { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs9(9)
               id-smime(16) id-ct(1) 14 }

Enjoy,
    Russ