Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-logotypes-03.txt

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:54:08 +1200 (NZST)

"Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]> writes:

>Third, the optional elements within LogotypeData are tagged.

You could clean it up a bit and get rid of a lot of tagging by leaving the most
common cases untagged.  For example for LogotypeData I would imagine 99.9% of
uses would be for a graphic logo, so by leaving the image option untagged you
get rid of tagging in most cases (are people really going to associate
digitised sounds with a cert?  When I suggested that a while back it was only
as a joke).

Peter.

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 11:04:52 -0400

Peter:

The accessability people at Microsoft think that sounds are the only 
alternative to logo images for blind people.

Your ASN.1 suggestion just removes one tag.  While it is a matter of style, 
I think it is a good idea.

Russ