Subject: Re: [TSP] while introduce TSU in RFC3161bis-00?

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:43:59 +0100

Carol,

Sorry for the delay to answer,

> Folks,
> 
>   I am wondering while RFC3161bis-00 introduces TSU.
>   Can I interpret as the following ?
>      1. One TSA may support multiple policy, just as one CA may have multiple policy.
>      2. Each policy or some policies of one TSA needs a TSU to support.

The basic argument is that one TSA (i.e. organization) may be in charge of
several TSUs (units). Each unit has its own key pair while the organization
does not need to have any key pair. Units can be revoked, while there is no
concept of revocation of the organization as a whole.

It is true as well that one TSA (i.e. organization) can support several
policies.

Regards,

Denis

> Thanks in advance,
> carol
> [email-masked]
> 2002-12-24