Subject: Onus on Registration

From: jim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:15:34 -0500

Does anyone have any sample PK installation that they know of where the 
onus for registration was placed on the relying party using 
organizational certificates.  There is a chance that an organization 
will undertake such a path and I have been asked to find out if anyone 
else has done it.

Jim Heimberg, ABC, Ph.D.

---

From: "Marc Poulaud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:08:12 -0000

Jim,

Can you give some more details as to what you mean exactly.

The scheme known as Identrus requires an RP to register (a customer
agreement and certificate requests) for what amounts to an
organi[sz]ational certificate. This is partly to do with participating in
a closed scheme but also to use the org certificate for signing validation
requests (of a subscribing customer's certificate) to its financial
institution.

Marc.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of jim
Sent: 08 January 2003 01:16
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Onus on Registration

Jim Heimberg, ABC, Ph.D.