Subject: rfc316: PKIStatus

From: Massimiliano Pala <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:12:10 +0200

Hi all,

I have one question for you. I find difficulties in understanding the meaning
of the revocationWarning PKIStatus. Indeed I wonder what this field is
intended to mean. As reported on the rfc:

     revocationWarning      (4),
      -- this message contains a warning that a revocation is
      -- imminent

In details my doubts are about:

	o What revocation is imminent (of the CA certificate? of the
	  TSA certificate ? or what ?). Or, this means that a new CRL is
	  "imminent" ?

	o What is to be considered "imminent" ? (next few seconds, hours
	  or days ?)

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

-- 

Best Regards,

	Massimiliano Pala

--o-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]                [email-masked]
                                                  Tel.:   +39 (0)59  270  094
http://www.openca.org                            Fax:    +39   178  221 8225
http://openca.sourceforge.net                    Mobile: +39 (0)347 7222 365

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:19:43 +1200

"Al Arsenault" <[email-masked]> writes:

>I'm not sure if that's what the 2510 authors had in mind, but it was the best
>we could figure out at the time.

This is a good summary of quite a bit of 2510 :-).

("WTF??!?" is another version of this that I've heard from some implementors).

Peter.