Subject: "Lel Bruce Peto" on some info per Renewable energy

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:23:05 -0500 (CDT)

"Lel Bruce Peto" on some info per Renewable energy, 

Renewable energy: 

Renewable energy sources are continuously and sustainably available in our 
environment. They are non-polluting, emission free and their waste can 
also often be used as a fuel source.

Renewable energy sources will become increasingly important as fossil fuel 
supplies dwindle. Some renewable energy sources are at more advanced 
stages of development than others, for example hydro is already well 
established. And 
some sources are used more in certain countries than others due to local 
availability, for example the UK has a favorable location to develop wind 
power but is poorly located for hydro.

The Kyoto Protocol proposals to cut greenhouse gas emissions will also 
favor the development of renewable energy sources.

Around 50% of the world's energy needs could be meet by renewable energy 
by 2050, according to industry estimates. Currently, only 15-20% of global 
energy consumption is met by renewable energy. Total energy consumption is 
forecast to grow an average 1.3% to 2020. Residential energy consumption 
growth will be driven by the increase in computer and electronic usage. 
Commercial energy demand is expected to rise 1.4% on average annually to 
2020, according to US Energy Information Administration statistics. This 
growth will also be fueled by increased usage of computers, electronic 
equipment and telecommunications.