Subject: Last Call: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Logotypes in X.509 certificates to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:03:36 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure 
(X.509) Working Group to consider Internet X.509 Public Key 
Infrastructure: Logotypes in X.509 certificates 
<draft-ietf-pkix-logotypes-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2003-6-19.

Files can be obtained via 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-logotypes-10.txt

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:40:15 +0200

> [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2003-6-19.

Comments on <draft-ietf-pkix-logotypes-10.txt>

Please find attached two minor comemnts and three editorial comments.

1. Page 7. Section 3. 5 th paragraph. Last sentence.

The current sentence is:

Compliant applications MUST display one or none of the images and play one 
or none of the audio sequences at the same time.

It should be:

Compliant applications MUST be able to display one or none of the images and 
SHOULD be able to play one or none of the audio sequences at the same time.

2. Editorial. Page 11. Section 4.2. Since the logotype loyalty is explained 
first, it would be better to switch the certificate background logotype and 
the loyalty logotype.

So instead of the following:

    - certificate Background logotype
    - loyalty logotype.

we should have:

    - loyalty logotype,
    - certificate Background logotype.

3. Page 14. Section 7. First of the two last bullets at the bottom of the 
page. Is "a severance pay" really appropriate to protect a parent CA from a 
subordinate CA ? Otherwise, please, delete "and severance pay".

4. Editorial. Page 17. It would be nice to add in the ASN.1 module:

-- EXPORTS ALL --

5. Editorial. Page 21.

It would be appropriate to update the address from Stefan Santesson,
since his address has recently changed.

Denis