Subject: Notice of a new protocol concept.

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:03:54 -0700

I am working on a form of one-time tokens that are generated by using a
keying system that will allow us to identify through PKI, every component of
a computing environment.

This is both a system and the API to use it, and lives as part of the BIOS
environment of a system. While it is traditionally outside the realm of this
group to deal with such low-level services these technologies allow for any
end-node in a network to also be described and identified by the same
technologies system making it of key interest (pardon the pun) here. In fact
I intend to create a PKI Node Identification Protocol to check these
services as part of this effort and that will be directly applicable to this
WG's efforts.

This is a needed step in effecting proper controls for Law Enforcement and
as such making the nasties that people perpetrated on computers more
prosecutable. The system will allow each piece of a setup to be uniquely
identified and as such a forensics' team can detect if any changes in the
underlying HW on a particular OS's instance was altered or checked.

I intend on filing a patent on this technology as well, and in this case
will be allowing open use of the patent for nocom users and very aggressive
licensing (probably GPL or Lesser based but no decision has been made yet)
so that this will become a real workable system.

The idea is that from a security standpoint that without such a system that
there was no real way to detect when a computer system had been forensically
washed if the person doing the washing was any good. This eliminates this
and allows for any number of cool services to be put up based on the
end-node enablement and entitlement controls that this enables.

If you are interested in this send me a note off the list and I will respond
and the draft should be here soon.

Todd Glassey