Subject: Re: gentlemen... can we set aside a specific flag in the TST to represent an official TST?

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:50:27 +0200 (MET DST)

Until draft 9 the TSApolicy was PolicyInformation and not just an OID.

---

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:15:53 -0700

Peter - there are two separate sets of policy that this was never built to
address. The first is the mechanical policies under which the TST was
requested and created, as well as its (the TS Client's audit instructions to
the back-end).

The OTHER policy that was never addressed in this structure was the
"Transaction Type" or specific set of policies under which the TST was
created or to be evaluated. We talked about this a bunch and nothing was
done with it, and now after the issues of credibility and audit that have
come to light over the past couple of years, it is now obvious that any
declarative structure needs to have some internal method of demonstrating
its bounds.

Todd

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Peter Sylvester" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 2:50 AM
Subject: Re: gentlemen... can we set aside a specific flag in the TST to
represent an official TST?

---

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:38:41 -0700

The other justification for this would be in having multiple tokens all
generated from the same infrastructure but under differing legal structures
or constraints...

Todd

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
To: "Peter Sylvester" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: gentlemen... can we set aside a specific flag in the TST to
represent an official TST?