Subject: RE: SCVP policy

From: "Trevor Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:13:52 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Peter Sylvester
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 8:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SCVP policy

Hi Peter,

There were several postings requesting clarifications and document nits
regarding SCVP12. I am very close to finishing SCVP 13 and will be
posting the update shortly.

To answer you immediate questions, I cave changed the wording in SCVP to
clarify how SCVP implements the validation policy as defined in 3379 - I
think we had too many policy terms in use. I have also added a policy ID
which is present in the policy response and the validation response so
the client knows the policy used by the SCVP server on any request. The
client is at liberty to override the defaults used by the server on any
request.

Trevor

Hello editors of the SCVP text, dear chairmen.

In a message some weeks ago I commented the
different usages of a policy in the current
SCVP text as

- a configuration identifier

- an identifier used in an ANY DEFINED BY construct

I wonder which kind of clarification will be
made in the next draft of SCVP.  

TIA for any short answer
Peter