Subject: WG last call re draft-pkix-acpolicies-extn-03.txt

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:44:31 -0400

Folks,

This document seems to be stable and I've seen no discussion on it 
for a while, so let's begin a WG last call that will terminate on 
10/3.

Steve

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:05:35 -0700

Gentlemen,

No judgement on good or badness of concept however the following present
implementation issues:

1.  Section 2.3 says that this document defines two policies which are
SIMILAR to those for public keys and then appears to use the save value.
Is this intended and if so then the text should be cleaned up.

2.  What is the correct behavior if the extension is non-criticial, the
extension is recognized, but none of the policy identifiers are
recognized?

ASN Module:

1.  Need to uncomment the imports statement

2.  need to add a semi-colon following the import of PolicyQualifiedId

3.  PolicyQualifiedId needs to be imported form PKIXImplicit88.

4.  id-pkix needs to be imported.

5.  ac-policies does needs to have "SYNTAX" and "IDENTIFIED BY" changed
as this is not correct 1988 syntax.

6.  EXTENSION is not an identified type.

7.  ac-policiesSyntax should start with an upper case letter as it is a
type.

8.  acPolicyId should start with an upper case letter as it is a type.

Jim