Subject: SCVP asn.1 module comments

From: Bryan Pitcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:32:01 +0100

Hi,

In reviewing draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-13.txt, I have noticed a few issues
with the ASN.1 module definition.

1.  The constant FullRequestRefUnsuported under ENUMERATION
SCVPStatusCode is currently defined as 'FullRequestRefUnsuported (51},'.
 The '}' character to the right of the 51 should be ')' instead (change
the curly brace to a paran).

2.  The Query structure has a reference to a structure
'ValidationAlgorithm'.  'ValidationAlgorithm isn't imported or defined
anywhere in the module.  I assume this is meant to refererence the
'ValidationArg' structure.  

3.  The OCSPResponse structure is used in the RevocationInfo CHOICE, but
not imported.  This is most likely because RFC2560 doesn't define a
module identifier in it's ASN.1 syntax.  What is generally done in cases
like this?

Thanks,
Bryan Pitcher

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:41:52 -0600

Trevor,

I think I already gave you these, but people are talking about a real
soon last call and I want to make sure that they don't get dropped on
the floor.

Jim

Additional ASN.1 module comments:

1.  GeneralNames is defined in PKIX1Implicit88 not PKIX1Explicit88

2.  Personal preference would be to keep UTF8String defined in this
document rather than importing it.

3.  d:\ietf\asn\scvp-13.asn(91) : warning 2004: Field name
'KeyPurposeId' should start with lower letter.

4.  d:\ietf\asn\scvp-13.asn(92) : warning 2004: Field name
'ValidationName' should start with lower letter.

5.  d:\ietf\asn\scvp-13.asn(235) : warning 2004: Field name
'DefaultPolicyID' should start with lower letter.

6.  d:\ietf\asn\scvp-13.asn(285) : error 1019: Type symbol
ValidationAlgorithm never resolved. (--- DUP OF BELOW)

7.  d:\ietf\asn\scvp-13.asn(285) : warning 4001: The imported symbol
'SubjectPublicKeyInfo' is never referenced.

8.  d:\ietf\asn\scvp-13.asn(285) : warning 4002: The symbol
'NameValidationAlg' is never referenced.

9.  Add following text (DUP OF BELOW)
         OCSPResponse FROM OCSP
  {iso(1) identified-organization(3)
  dod(6) internet(1) security(5) mechanisms(5) pkix(7) id-mod(0)
  id-mod-ocsp(14)}

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bryan Pitcher
> Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 9:32 AM
> To: pkix group
> Subject: SCVP asn.1 module comments
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> In reviewing draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-13.txt, I have noticed a
> few issues with the ASN.1 module definition.
> 
> SCVPStatusCode is currently defined as 
> 'FullRequestRefUnsuported (51},'.  The '}' character to the 
> right of the 51 should be ')' instead (change the curly brace 
> to a paran).
> 
> 'ValidationAlgorithm'.  'ValidationAlgorithm isn't imported 
> or defined anywhere in the module.  I assume this is meant to 
> refererence the 'ValidationArg' structure.  
> 
> 3.  The OCSPResponse structure is used in the RevocationInfo
> CHOICE, but not imported.  This is most likely because 
> RFC2560 doesn't define a module identifier in it's ASN.1 
> syntax.  What is generally done in cases like this?
> 
> Thanks,
> Bryan Pitcher
>