Subject: Re: Web-PKI Keygen/Certreq Questions

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:05:17 +0100

Just to set the record straight: Another consortium has indeed
[also] found the existings keygen/certreq mechanisms largely
inferior and will publish a draft solution in a couple of months
or so.  I just talked to one of the architects, and he confirmed that
it will support the kind of stuff that most of the proprietary solutions
already do, such as key-container co-signing, passphrase policy
control, and multi-key generation.

/a

---

From: "David P. Kemp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:59:18 -0500

Hopefully the consortium is planning to construct its solution by 
profiling: a) attributes to be included in RFC 2797 messages and b) 
transport of those messages over http, rather than inventing something 
from scratch.

Dave

---

From: "David P. Kemp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:59:18 -0500

Dave

---

From: "David P. Kemp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:59:18 -0500

Dave