Subject: Last Call: Qualified Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:27:44 -0500

Folks,

This message initiates working group Last Call for the Qualified Certificates 
specification. This is a two week Last Call and is expected to close November 
25. 

** Do not count on any extension to Last Call!!! **

To keep our efforts coordinated with ETSI's schedule, we need to forward this 
document to the ADs as soon as possible.

The URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sonof3039-02.txt

The current draft has two known technical issues: (1) the module number for the 
1988 ASN.1 module was incomplete; and (2) the document includes both 1988 and 
1993 ASN.1 syntax.  The module was incomplete, as it did not have a module 
number which prevents compilation.  The 1993 and 1988 syntax ASN.1 were not in 
synch; th 1993 ASN.1 module referenced the 93 ASN.1 syntax from RFC 2459 while 
the 1988 ASN.1 module references RFC 3280.  

Please note that both of these issues have been resolved.  An OID has now been 
assigned, correcting the first issue. The AD has directed the editors to remove 
the '93 ASN.1 module and specify all ASN.1 using the '88 syntax, as in 3280.  
This resolves the second issue.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:04:09 -0500

I have 4 comments:

1.  In section 2.1, the 1st and 2nd bullets do not have periods.

2.  In section 2.1, 2nd bullet: s/2.3/section 2.3/

3.  In section 3, change the 1st sentence to: "This section defines the 
certificate profile for Qualified Certificates."

4.  ASN.1 syntax is a problem.  Since RFC 3280 does not have a '97 syntax 
module to IMPORT stuff from, I do not see how this document can include a 
'97 syntax.  I think A.2 should be removed.

Russ