Subject: PKIX WG Agenda for 58th IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:40:34 -0500

PKIX WG (pkix-wg) 

MONDAY, November 10, 2003 1530-1730 

================================= 

CHAIR Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]> 

AGENDA 

1. WG Status and Direction 

1.1 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)] 

       The working group has a number of Internet-Drafts.  Many 
       documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call. 
       Several others are ready for Last Call. (10 min.) 

1.2 Proposed WG Milestones [Tim Polk (NIST)] 

       The working group milestones are out of date.  New milestones are 
       needed; these milestones need to satisfy IESG direction for an orderly 
       closeout of WG activities. (10 min.) 

2. PKIX WG Specifications 

    2.1  Subject Identification Method  [TBD] 

       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-01.txt 

       The current SIM draft introduces a number of new parameters. 
       While these parameters add additional complexity, they were 
       required to satisfy the draft's security requirements.  The
       presentation will focus on the security requirements and
       proposed solution. Open issues will also be identified.  (10 min.) 

    2.2 LDAP Schemas, String Values, and more 
                                - Peter Gietz 

       The WG has a suite of LDAP-PKIX drafts forming a comprehensive solution 
       for LDAP based PKI information distribution.  New drafts will be 
       published soon after this meeting; the presenter will discuss changes 
       that will appear in the new drafts.  (15 min.) 

    2.3 Qualified Certificates             Stefan Santesson 

       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sonof3039-02.txt 

       Work on the QC document has continued in both PKIX and ETSI. 
       At least one more draft is envisioned; this presentation will describe 
       planned updates and propose a path for completion of the QC document. 
       (10 min.) 

    2.4 Certification Path Building        Peter Hesse (Gemini Security) 

       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-
01.txt 

       This document was written to provide guidance and 
       recommendations to developers building X.509 public-key certification 
       paths within their applications.  The next draft is aimed for WG Last 
       Call; the presenter will discuss changes since -00 and additional 
       changes projected for the forthcoming -02 draft. (10 min.) 

    2.5  OCSP                               Mike Myers (TraceRoute) 

       http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2560.txt

       A number of issues regarding OCSP have resurfaced on the mailing 
       list.  The presenter will summarize the issues from the mailing 
       list and present a way forward.  (5 min.) 

3. Liaison/Related Projects 

    The following specifications will update the WG on related activities. 

    3.1 OASIS PKI survey                        Steve Hanna (Sun) 

       The OASIS Public Key Infrastructure Technical Committee 
       conducted a web-based survey to identify the key barriers to PKI
       deployment and usage.  The TC is currently developing an Action Plan
       to address these barriers.  The presentation will address the survey 
       results and preview the action plan. (15 min.) 

    3.2 Path Validation Protection Profiles     Tim Polk (NIST) 

       NIST is currently performing the interoperability testing for RFC 3280. 
       One aspect of that effort is the RFC 3280 path validation test suite 
       developed jointly by NIST, DigitalNet, and NSA.  To promote independnet 
       testing based on the test suite, NIST has submitted protection profiles 
       for path validation modules for NIAP validation. (10 min.)