Subject: Draft PKI Action Plan Posted for Review and Comment

From: Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:57:53 -0500

The OASIS Public Key Infrastructure Technical Committee
(the OASIS PKI TC) has posted a draft PKI Action Plan for
public review, inviting comments and support from PKI
customers, vendors, experts, and others. This plan is
designed to address obstacles to PKI deployment and usage
identified through surveys conducted earlier this year.

The draft PKI Action Plan is available for review at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiactionplan.pdf
The survey results are available at these locations
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiobstaclesjune2003surveyreport.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiobstaclesaugust2003surveyreport.pdf

Comments on the plan should be submitted by clicking the
"Send a Comment" button on the PKI TC's web page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=pki

At the PKIX meeting next week, I will briefly summarize
the survey results and the draft PKI Action Plan.
However, I encourage you to review these documents in
detail and submit your comments to the PKI TC.

Note that the PKI TC recognizes that most of the actions
described in the draft PKI Action Plan must be undertaken
not by the PKI TC, but by others (vendors, standards groups,
users, etc.) and that some of these efforts are already
under way. The PKI TC does not intend to usurp these efforts,
but to serve as a catalyst encouraging and accelerating efforts.

Thanks,

Steve Hanna
OASIS PKI TC Co-chair