Subject: LDAP issues

From: "D.W.Chadwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:12:14 +0000

Dear All

the LDAP work that still needs to be progressed within PKIX is

i) LDAPv3 profile for X.509
ii) LDAPv3 schema and syntaxes for X.509 PKI and PMI attributes (using
component matching)
iii) LDAPv3 schema for PKCs, ACs and CRLs (using attribute
decomposition)
iv) DN strings for use with PKIs
v) subject certificate access extension

The IDs for the first three topics have currently expired but are still
active for the last two. There has been very little discussion on any of
the above since the last meeting, but we do plan to issue updates in due
course (very few changes are now needed to the first three sets of IDs).
Unfortunately I cant be at the next meeting to answer any queries on the
above, but Steven Legg will be present and has kindly offered to field
any questions that are raised. The mailing list can also be used for
those not attending the meeting, or who want everyone to be involved in
the discussions.

regards

david

*****************************************************************

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
Professor of Information Systems Security
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel: +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 01484 532930
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
Email: [email-masked]
Home Page:  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Research Web site: http://sec.isi.salford.ac.uk
Entrust key validation string: MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J
PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

*****************************************************************