Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Management Protocols' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:45:29 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Management Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary
This document obsoletes RFC 2510.

This document describes the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
(PKI) Certificate Management Protocol (CMP). Protocol messages are
defined for X.509v3 certificate creation and management. CMP provides
on-line interactions PKI components, including an exchange between a
Certification Authority (CA) and a client system.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed by Jeffrey I. Schiller for the IESG.