Subject: OASIS Digital Signature Services TC announcement

From: "Nick Pope" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:33:13 +0100

The OASIS Digital Signature Services TC is developing techniques to support
the processing of digital signatures, including defining an interface for
requesting that a web service produce and/or verify a digital signature.

The TC has recently agreed two Committee Draft specifications:
- Digital Signature Service (DSS) Core Protocols, Elements and Bindings,
available at
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/dss/cd/oasis-dss-1[1].0-core-spec-cd.pdf

- XML Timestamping DSS Profile, available at:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dss/cd/oasis-dss-1[1].0-profiles-timestamping-spe
c-cd.pdf

The DSS schema is available at:
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/dss/cd/oasis-dss-1[1].0-core-schema-cd.xsd.xml

Additional DSS profiles nearing completion for:
 - Asynchronous operation
 - Code signing
 - Entity seal
 - Electronic Post Mark (EPM)
 - German signature law
 - Policy wise operation
 - Web services security
 - XML Advanced Electronic Signature (XAdES)

Comments may be sent via the OASIS DSS web page:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dss

Once the first set of profiles have been agreed as Committee Drafts, the TC
will be asking for a more formal public review of the full set of
specifications.

Nick Pope & Juan Carlos Cruellas
  Co-Chairs OASIS Digital Signature Services TC