Subject: PKIX WG Agenda for 60th IETF (second try!)

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:09:51 -0400

Please substitute the following agenda for this morning's 
submission.  There were numerous typos in the original.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

---------------------------------------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg)

Wednesday August 4, 2004 0900-1130
=================================

CHAIR: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]

        The working group has a number of Internet-Drafts.  Many
        documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call.
        Several others are ready for Last Call. (10 min.)

1.2 Proposed WG Milestones [Tim Polk (NIST)]

        The working group milestones are out of date.  New milestones are
        needed; these milestones need to satisfy IESG direction for an orderly
        closeout of WG activities. (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

2.1 LDAP Specifications

       The PKIX WG has a number of LDAP-based specifications supporting
       publication and distribution of certificates and CRLs.

2.1 LDAP Schemas, String Values, and more
       - David Chadwick (U. of Salford)

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-crl-schema-02.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-ac-schema-01.txt

       The WG has a suite of LDAP-PKIX drafts forming a comprehensive solution
       for LDAP based PKI information distribution.  New drafts of two 
documents
       have been submitted since IETF 59; additional drafts will be published
       soon after this meeting; the presenter will discuss the changes in the
       and highlight issues that must be resolved before Last Call.  (15 min.)

2.2 Practical Considerations for Use of LDAP in PKIX
       - Kurt Zeilenga (LDAPbis WG co-chair)

   (no draft)

       Practical considerations must be considered to maximize the utility
       and interoperability of LDAP-based PKIs.  This presentation will
       highlight known issues and (where applicable) ways to address them.
       (10 min.)

2.3 Matching Text Strings in PKIX Certificates
       - Paul Hoffman (IMC) and Steve Hanna (Sun)

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-pkix-stringmatch-00.txt

       This specification describes the use of Stringprep to support comparison
       and matching of international text strings.  This document resolves 
an open
       issue from RFC 3280, where the minimum requirements for name comparison
       were specified as binary matching.  Since the publication of RFC 3280,
       the stringprep specification has been completed, providing a solid 
basis for
       comparison and matching of test strings in PKIX certificates. (15 min.)

[see also

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-strprep-04.txt]

2.4 RFC 3280 Progression
       - Tim Polk (NIST)

   (no draft)

       NIST will present the current plan and milestones for progression of
       RFC 3280 to Draft Standard.   (5 min.)

2.5 Subject Identification Method
       - Speaker TBD

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-03.txt

       A new draft of the Subject Identification Method has been submitted 
since
       IETF 59.  The document is relatively stable and mature.  WG Last Call is
       expected for the next draft of this document. (15 min.)

2.6 SCVP Progression
       - Speaker TBD

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-15.txt

       This document has been in WG Last Call since early 2004.  Completion 
of WG Last
       Call was blocked by newly identified implementation requirements for 
unsigned
       messages to support DPD.  Early proposals did not satisfy RFC 3739, 
and were
       rejected.  A new draft has been submitted since IETF 59 which 
satisfies both
       RFC 3379 and the requirements for unsigned messages. (5 min.)

3. Related Specifications & Liaison Presentations

       Time allowing, liaison presentations will be accommodated to ensure the
       PKIX WG is aware of related specifications currently progressing as 
individual
       drafts.

3.1 Specification of OCSP in IKEv2
        - Mike Myers (TraceRoute)

   (no draft)

        This presentation will highlight issues with the specification of OCSP
        in IKEv2. (10 min.)

3.2 User Interface Requirement for the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
        - Tae Choi (KISA)

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-pkix-ui-00.txt

        This document provides basic requirements of user interface at PKI 
client
        software that satisfy a full of PKI implementation with usability. 
To meet
        with the requirements, it defines root CA certificate trust mechanism,
        certificate sharing mechanism, and certificate representation 
method. (10 min.)