Subject: CoreStreet IPR disclosure

From: "Dave Engberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:08:36 -0400

The IETF has posted CoreStreet's formal IPR disclosure regarding
implementations of the SCVP protocol and three of CoreStreet's patents.
This includes an offer for reasonable and non-discriminatory licensing if
required by the final standard.  We fully support the standardization and
adoption of SCVP.  The full disclosure is available here:
 
    http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/corestreet-ipr-draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-18.txt
 
Unlike some other PKI vendors, CoreStreet has never served a lawsuit (patent
or non) to any other party.  Our company's success stems from our innovative
implementations of open standards, which attempt to address the security and
scalability problems inherent in large PKIs.  We believe our SCVP products
will be similarly competitive.
 
Thanks,
Dave Engberg
Chief Technical Officer
CoreStreet, Ltd.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:03:46 -0400

Dave:

I am confused by the IPR disclosure.  SCVP includes two major
feature sets: DPD and DPV.  A quick skim of the patents indicate
that they are related to DPV.  (I am not a lawyer, and I am not
trying to play one here.)  If this is correct, then I am not sure
what CoreStreet is promising.

Russ

At 03:08 PM 4/11/2005, Dave Engberg wrote:

The IETF has posted CoreStreet's formal IPR
disclosure regarding implementations of the SCVP protocol and three of
CoreStreet's patents.  This includes an offer for reasonable and
non-discriminatory licensing if required by the final standard.  We
fully support the standardization and adoption of SCVP.  The full
disclosure is available here:

Unlike some other PKI vendors, CoreStreet has
never served a lawsuit (patent or non) to any other party.  Our
company's success stems from our innovative implementations of open
standards, which attempt to address the security and scalability problems
inherent in large PKIs.  We believe our SCVP products will be
similarly competitive.

Thanks,

Dave Engberg

Chief Technical Officer

CoreStreet, Ltd.

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:51:01 +0200

I took a look and the full text of the patents is available at:

http://www.corestreet.com/patents.html

It would be interresting that CoreStreet indicates what kind of changes 
would be required to the draft so that no patent from CoreStreet is infringed.

Denis

> implementations of the SCVP protocol and three of CoreStreet's 
> patents.  This includes an offer for reasonable and non-discriminatory 
> licensing if required by the final standard.  We fully support the 
> standardization and adoption of SCVP.  The full disclosure is 
> available here:

> Unlike some other PKI vendors, CoreStreet has never served a lawsuit 
> (patent or non) to any other party.  Our company's success stems from 
> our innovative implementations of open standards, which attempt to 
> address the security and scalability problems inherent in large PKIs.  
> We believe our SCVP products will be similarly competitive.