Subject: Certificate Policy OID registration

From: "Legendre, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:34:47 -0400

Hi,

I have a quick question.  I am looking for more precise information for
registering Certificate Policy OID for companies.  I found this
mail-link while searching but it is a little old and the links in it no
longer function:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/old-archive-01/msg00613.html.   

It is not obvious to me where at www.ansi.org <http://www.ansi.org/>
and www.iana.org <http://www.iana.org/>  this registration can be made.
Are these still the two main authorities or has this changed in the last
couple of years?  Can someone provide me with more specific pointers?

Thanks,

Robert

______________________________________________________________

Robert Legendre, P.Eng., CISSP

Principal Architect / Project Manager, RSA Professional Services

---

From: Arshad Noor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:52:17 -0700

http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/enterprise.pl

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

Legendre, Robert wrote:
> It is not obvious to me where at www.ansi.org <http://www.ansi.org/> and 
> www.iana.org <http://www.iana.org/> this registration can be made.  Are 
> these still the two main authorities or has this changed in the last

---

From: Olivier Dubuisson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:32:50 +0200

> couple of years?  Can someone provide me with more specific pointers?

Please have a look at Question 8 "How to get an OID assigned?" at:
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/oid/faq.htm#8

If the explanations are not clear enough, I'll be happy to improve them.
-- 
Olivier DUBUISSON
France Telecom
Recherche & Developpement
R&D/MAPS/AMS - 22307 Lannion Cedex - France
t: +33 2 96 05 38 50 - f: +33 2 96 05 39 45 - http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/

---

From: Jean-Marc Desperrier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:35:47 +0200

> If the explanations are not clear enough, I'll be happy to improve them.

They are probably clear enough, even if the UID method is present two 
times, but maybe it would be useful to add some more methods, for 
exemple national ones like in the AFNOR arc for french companies ?
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/cgi-bin/oid/display?oid=1.2.250.1&action=display