Subject: tentative PKIX agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:23:10 -0400

Folks,

Here is the tentative agenda for the PKIX meeting.  I believe I have honored all 
requests for time.  If I missed your request, please send me another message.  
We always expand to meet consume the time allowed, but I can probably work in 
another presentation.

Thanks,

Tim

------------------------------------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg)

WEDNESDAY, August 2, 2005 1400-1600
======================================

CHAIRS: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]

        The working group has a number of Internet-Drafts at various
        stages in the IETF process. (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

2.1 3280bis Status
         Tim Polk (NIST)
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-01.txt

       A new draft has been submitted with relatively minor enhancements.
       Several open issues remain to be resolved.  In particular, questions
       involving name ambiguity have been raised, particularly as they
       impact CRL validation.
       (10 min.)

2.2  3280bis Open Issues
        Denis Pinkas
         (no draft)

       This presentation will focus on the open issues currently under
       discussion with respect to 3280bis. (10 min.)

2.3   Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP)
        Tim Polk (NIST)
          http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-19.txt

       IPR issues have been resolved since the last IETF meeting, but the
       core specification has not changed significantly since the -18 draft.
       The draft meets the requirements specified in RFC 3379, but consensus
       has not been demonstrated for several issues raised on the list.
       (10 min.)

2.4  SCVP Open Issues
        Denis Pinkas
         (no draft)

       This presentation will focus on the open issues currently under
       discussion with respect to SCVP. (10 min.)

2.5  SRV RR Issues
         Stefan Santesson (Microsoft)
         (no draft)

       A new requirement for an SRV RR othername has been identified.  The
       presenter will explain the requirement and proposed approach for
       satisfying the requirement.
       (10 min.)

3. Related Specifications & Liasion Presentations

       Time allowing, liasion presentations will be accomodated to ensure the
       PKIX WG is aware of related specifications currently progressing as
       individual drafts.

     3.1 CMS Advanced Electronic Signatures (CAdES)
         Denis Pinkas (on behalf of ETSI TC ESI)
           (no draft)

       This document is based on RFC 3126 and is aligned with a re-issue of
       ETSI TS 101 733.
       (10 min.)

     3.2 XKMS
         Stephen Farrell (on behalf of W3C)
           (no draft)

       This presentation will provide an update on the progression of the
       XKMS specifiation within W3C.
       (5 min.)