Subject: Document Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Repository Locator Service' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:20:44 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Repository Locator Service '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-pkixrep-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-pkixrep-04.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines a PKI repository locator service.  The service
  makes use of DNS SRV records defined in accordance with RFC 2782.  The
  service enables certificate using systems to locate PKI repositories
  based on a domain name, identify the protocols that can be used to
  access the repository, and obtain addresses for the servers that host
  the repository service.

Working Group Summary

  The PKIX Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.